GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G-Plus Bicooler Review - MK7.5 Golf Sportwagen

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
G-Plus Bicooler Review:

I don't really write reviews often but I know I've seen questions about FMIC/Non Stock Location coolers on GSWs/ATs. I also have had kind of a hard time finding GSW specific information/fitment.

I bought this because I am notoriously cheap and I had an IS38 installed. I can not comment about IATs yet, but I will be able to after my tune comes. It was $287.99 on Amazon for the prepainted one with blue hoses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VGHRVXV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can verify fitment with no modification on the GSW MK7.5 (2018) that said it was tight when I was putting the bumper back on and the bumper is definitely touching my hoses, if I had cut them it would have been a better fit I believe.
As far as fit: I'd give it a 7/10, I had to bend the brackets outward to get them to sit correctly, and also needed to make sure the mount wasn't touching my coolant lines. You do drill into the radiator shroud for this, 2-3mm pilot and 2 self tapping screws. It can be kind of annoying to finagle your driver around the IC openings for the top screws.

It weighs 9.5lbs, I was surprised by how light it was. The hoses I thought fit great although I considered trimming the part that connects to the FMIC sides because it would have helped with clearance on the secondary air pump.

I was not willing to let it rub against the secondary air pumps, so I wound up bending the bracket for that pump, as well as disconnecting it and reconnecting it in a different orientation to give the harness more slack. I will include some pictures, and yes, I suck at bending things.

I think I would have had more problems with the thicker cooler from Majesty for example, but part of that could be my inexperience. The clamps I didn't test, but frankly they look BEEFY, but they’re T Bolt clamps and I wanted to use worm clamps (I guess they provide more uniform pressure) The ones I bought to avoid any shenanigans were smaller. Horn relocation brackets worked perfectly fine.

Took it for a test drive and everything seemed well with the clamps I bought, granted I don't have my IS38 tune yet so I didn't give it the beans, just about 4k rpm through the gears.

Probably not the best write up, if you have questions feel free to ask.

6D894EBF-85E5-4F46-B81F-34DE47658E0B.jpeg

E0073340-C879-4DFF-ABDA-447286B9465D.jpeg
80204754-8EDA-479C-ACFB-4221A075B3A7.jpeg
A8A71E32-7357-4970-A151-006A099CFE62.jpeg
A0B0958B-CE34-4E22-B928-506D21CC6E46.jpeg

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Thanks for sharing. That thing weighs about half my ARM FMIC. Please let us know what you see IAT wise.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Thanks for sharing. That thing weighs about half my ARM FMIC. Please let us know what you see IAT wise.
Yours excludes the OEM right cause this one is a Bicooler it uses hoses to attach them, probably why it’s heavier

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Just adding to this, did a pull or two in 3rd through from 3000 to 6500rpm after my work commute home (20-25 minutes) with some slightly spirited highway driving. IATs for the Gplus with the is38 turbo were around 5 degrees above ambient, sometimes touching 7. Hit 12 at some point very briefly.

Overall very happy with this IC. Car has not felt soaked yet.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I often wonder what the benefit would be with a bi cooler combined with an aftermarket stock location I/C.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just adding to this, did a pull or two in 3rd through from 3000 to 6500rpm after my work commute home (20-25 minutes) with some slightly spirited highway driving. IATs for the Gplus with the is38 turbo were around 5 degrees above ambient, sometimes touching 7. Hit 12 at some point very briefly.

Overall very happy with this IC. Car has not felt soaked yet.
Should note the ambients as well for this as the delta IAT to ambient will climb as temps do.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I often wonder what the benefit would be with a bi cooler combined with an aftermarket stock location I/C.
mygolfmk7.com has the testing/data you are looking for.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Per Jeff's data the Bicooler has better flow than the stock location. Cooling seems similar based on comparisons ive seen