GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G-loc pads for sale

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
For sale here are a front set of Gloc R16 pads for the performance pack GTI, the Golf R, or S3. These went onto my car for one day and saw approximately 2.5 hrs of track time.

These are endurance race pads that can take the heat of the mqb platform for the most part. Gloc is favored across the country with amateur racers for the cost and performance the pads provide. Originally these were 340$ for the front set and I am selling the used ones with about 80% life left for 150$, plus shipping. On an otherwise stock mqb car these will not fade and you can keep using the stock rotors for the entire life of the pad! I am moving away from them because my car is becoming a dedicated street and autox car with the random occasional track day when I can't get my racecar out instead. With these pads (and an appropriately matched rear pad) I was able to outbrake a cayman 718 gts running ebc blue, cayman 981, Shelby gt350r, mustang gt with a BBK, TTRS (running carbotech xp10 pads), a Golf R with a stoptech st60 BBK running ebc blues, and another gti running ferodo ds3100.

Again, these are "race pads" and I DO NOT recommend or advise you use them on the street, especially during winter or highway use. They have to be above 500 degrees before they start giving decent stopping power, and preferably they should be in the 700-1400 degree range for optimal performance. This being said, I drove them to the track and back and they had less noise than my ebc reds (which howl like an old dump truck). With a cold morning I had to start braking 50% further back than usual until they reached a higher temp (probably 300 degrees or so). If you'd like to swap pads, gloc also makes a street pad.

If you'd like advice on how to balance front and rear braking based on your setup, what brake booster settings to use, or any other braking related questions, please feel free to ask and I'm happy to provide any info I have. I'm selling these pads with the intent of providing clear information and support to anyone who buys them since they are a track focused pad and I expect whoever buys them will use them for their intended purpose.
PXL_20201113_161015656.jpg
PXL_20201113_161130813.jpg
PXL_20201113_161201255.jpg

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
For anyone interested, here is a photo comparison between the gti gloc pad in the R16 Compound and a carbotech xp12 pad for the 370z 4 piston 355mm setup. The Z pads are the same size pad that a stoptech st40 caliper would wear. The gti pads are really massive!
PXL_20201130_013137935.jpg

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I talked a potential buyer away from these recently because they would have been too much for his setup. I'm very open/clear and will gladly tell you if these will or will not work for you!

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
price drop!! I have way too many parts around the house, so I need to make room on my shelves and these pads need to go!

120$ shipped takes these pads home and they have as much pad material as a brand new ferodo ds2500!