GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full Replacement OCC fluid amounts

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I was wondering for those of you who have a full OCC, how often and much do you empty yours. Specifically those who don't track their cars.

I have a BMS CC, but I'm and idiot and didnt do full research and now I realize I need a pcv plate. I really don't want to remove the BMS CC. I was going to piece together a kit with the 034 plate and a -10an hose with the adapter to the TIP and call it a day, but I noticed all the full replacement CC's are 6-8 ounces and the BMS one is 2.5 ounces. If yall are filling your CC and it's every week, then my answer is simple, if not how much are you dumping when you do.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I was hoping you'd chime in. Your posts were the ones I re-read an realized I messed up. Why are you switching? When you empty yours is it full?

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I used to live in NY and emptied it every week when it was in the 30-40*. In florida I empty maybe once a month
What set up did you have? Do you think I'll be ok with my custom 2.5 ounce can. I don't mind emptying it every week, but every couple days would get annoying.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I was hoping you'd chime in. Your posts were the ones I re-read an realized I messed up. Why are you switching? When you empty yours is it full?
Switching because I've heard a lot of good things with the APR CC and wanted to compare the two. Also, I don't like the Spulen can because it's big and bulky like a softball and their plate has become a wear item for me which is bullshit. They, USPMotorsport, tried telling me that at my boost level any aftermarket plate will become a wear item. I know a few people with over 500 whp using the APR CC without any issues. Plus, I want to see if the APR CC fills up as much as the Spulen one and if it has the same junk in it.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
1669814913489.png

This was a 100ml syringe after about 400-450 mile trip. I'm running full e85 and a CTS catch can setup. 100ml is about 3.4 oz.