GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

full MIB replacement - floating screen options

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
As the title suggests, im exploring other avenues. I did MIB1 to MIB2 and I have problems with audio not working, lag in screen touch, no screen at all. My setup is from a 2016 and cannot be further upgraded with new software according to different people I've discussed with.

I understand what i have is out of most peoples purview - I run a full 3 way setup with active crossover and DSP. I am to the point I want to rip out this MIB2 retrofit and put in something hi-res like a sony 9500 es.

Has anyone else done a floating screen install? curious how it interfaces with the stock controls.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I don't have much experience with audio setups, but I believe you can code MIB internal amp to output analog signal prepared for external amps. In module 5F, long coding, byte 11 (sound system) you can switch from internal to external booster. This should output raw audio signal without the MIB processing according to parameterization stored in the unit.

About the display issues: make sure that your wiring between display and main unit is proper. This is CAN-BUS communication and those wires need to be twisted.

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
I don't have much experience with audio setups, but I believe you can code MIB internal amp to output analog signal prepared for external amps. In module 5F, long coding, byte 11 (sound system) you can switch from internal to external booster. This should output raw audio signal without the MIB processing according to parameterization stored in the unit.

About the display issues: make sure that your wiring between display and main unit is proper. This is CAN-BUS communication and those wires need to be twisted.
I did coding in MIB for the external sound, I'll have to double check the screen wiring as it's the factory mib1 wiring in my gti