GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full E85 GTI

Navi

Autocross Champion
Simple way to look at the 2 is, HPFP is cam driven so its limit point is at the peak TQ say 4k range while the LPFP is going to help up top to keep up with HPFP when is pump stroke is that much quicker at the High rpms.

since a stock is20 such up top in regards to flow its fueling demand is really at the Peak TQ range, since you got a hybrid 20 that's capable to flow up top as well as down low you get a steady demand and need for fuel.

your on HPFP right now right?

Im in the process of getting my hybrid 38 tuned right now and I'm on hpfp and a smaller 305 Lpfp, the goal is for the the turbo to not taper the boost so hopefully i will be able to get say E60 with the set up but we will see.

sucks cause this is really just temp now, lol - i went HPFP+LPFP cause it felt like cobb was a ways out with the MPI activation for 2019s lol, my end goal is full e85, so getting ride of the hpfp, getting a bigger Lp and MPI is really in my near future.

i think they announced mpi for 2019 yesterday.. no?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hoon, was this on a stock is20 too at the time?

I did it on both a stock IS20 and a littco L450.

Same results for both. The IS20 ran out of fuel at E45 and the L450 ran out at 27psi on pump.

No different than stock

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
wow neck and neck with the is38 gti! impressive

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
is38 + ethanol = moar powa baby

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
damn, maybe i'm looking at it wrong. But I was shopping options for fueling, and I was told not to run an HPFP with LPFP. Is this incorrect? And the reason why I say I'm running out of fuel is bc I'm on pump and will not be able to flow enough fuel to run ethanol. That's based on what the tuner said. Not sure what parameters he looks at.

Which tuner at your tuner said that? I still think you have plenty of room for E30 if they dialed back your lambda targets a bit. Your tuner wants a lot of money for a E30 map, but at this point it's worth it for HP to dollar. Do ethanol.....

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
These cars need ethanol. Simple as that.

I keep telling @Navi that he needs ethanol in his life.

It's like real feel of over 100 degrees here in NY, and the part throttle response of my car still feels great cuz of ethanol and timing. Pulls pretty damn well at WOT too.

Air density down due to hot temps? Create more cylinder pressure with timing. :)

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
I keep telling @Navi that he needs ethanol in his life.

It's like real feel of over 100 degrees here in NY, and the part throttle response of my car still feels great cuz of ethanol and timing. Pulls pretty damn well at WOT too.

Air density down due to hot temps? Create more cylinder pressure with timing. :)
@Navi ethanol do ittttt

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
That GT500 left like he was the only one racing 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That GT500 left like he was the only one racing 😂

It's like a GTI racing a pedal bike. Believe it's something ridiculous like 750hp stock. I'd be sad if it couldn't do that.