GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Pump Controller Options/Upgrades (this is gonna be a long one...)

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
can you post some more pics of the basket section. im curious to see what the have done since the rs3 setup has only one fuel line but golf R has 2 fuel lines.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Finally got the A2B pump installed this weekend. Didn't have instructions but it was fairly straight forward. I did need to ask a Golf R owner who had done this install for help. He helped me figure out where to hook up the ground and confirm I had a fuel line fitting right. Hooking up the pig tail for the 2nd tank float was easy. My tank was almost empty and the stock wire had plenty of length. The RS3 pump went in and seated easily. Again having only a little fuel helped a lot. I primed it a few times and seems to be working fine. Took me a couple hours to pull the stock, swap the pigtail, and install the new pump. A chunk of that time was figuring out the ground wire and where to place the controller. It was also 95F+ in my garage so I was moving rather slowly.

This pump is crazy quiet. I can barely hear it with the plastic cover open when trying to purge the pump and new fuel line. Its quieter than stock and much quieter than the Walbros. Not a big deal but a nice bonus, imo.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
Finally got the A2B pump installed this weekend. Didn't have instructions but it was fairly straight forward. I did need to ask a Golf R owner who had done this install for help. He helped me figure out where to hook up the ground and confirm I had a fuel line fitting right. Hooking up the pig tail for the 2nd tank float was easy. My tank was almost empty and the stock wire had plenty of length. The RS3 pump went in and seated easily. Again having only a little fuel helped a lot. I primed it a few times and seems to be working fine. Took me a couple hours to pull the stock, swap the pigtail, and install the new pump. A chunk of that time was figuring out the ground wire and where to place the controller. It was also 95F+ in my garage so I was moving rather slowly.

This pump is crazy quiet. I can barely hear it with the plastic cover open when trying to purge the pump and new fuel line. Its quieter than stock and much quieter than the Walbros. Not a big deal but a nice bonus, imo.

Were you able to put the seat back on without issues with the controller mounted in the middle there? Also did you cut the plastic cover at all for the controller wires?

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Were you able to put the seat back on without issues with the controller mounted in the middle there? Also did you cut the plastic cover at all for the controller wires?

Sorry but not sure if controller fits with seat on. I pulled my interior and seats are in the attic. Controller is attached with Velcro so can be moved if needed. Still might relocate it to be more out of the way. I just figured high point was ideal in case of spill or leak. No cover trimming at all. Cover snaps in place with harness. The loom is beefier than wires inside require.

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
Hey Guys! thank you for all the orders for the RS3 Pump Kits. The orders have put us behind with shipping and productions as I was stocking 10 at a time and now we are shipping 10+ every 3 days. One of my customers linked me to the thread. Any questions, issues or help you need be happy to answer.

We also offer MPI and Line and 5 Bar MAP Kits as well!

Click Me to View All Our In House Products!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Guys! thank you for all the orders for the RS3 Pump Kits. The orders have put us behind with shipping and productions as I was stocking 10 at a time and now we are shipping 10+ every 3 days. One of my customers linked me to the thread. Any questions, issues or help you need be happy to answer.

We also offer MPI and Line and 5 Bar MAP Kits as well!

Click Me to View All Our In House Products!

OP here with the failed experiment. Happy to give you guys a shout out. Your kits are super well priced.

Any estimate on shipping for a pump purchased July 24th?

Edit: Received a response and pump should be shipping today. Also was told that instructions will be sent for the depinning of the tophat harness. I will upload those here and make a new thread for the A2B pump when I receive mine.

Last edited:

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Small update. I drove close to 100 miles with the RS3 pump under normal driving since install. It’s running fine and no P308D code despite no tuning tweaks.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Small update. I drove close to 100 miles with the RS3 pump under normal driving since install. It’s running fine and no P308D code despite no tuning tweaks.

Awesome! That is great to hear. Mine arrives today. Going to see if I can get it installed this week. Might hit you up for the repin instructions.

Then see if I can push over e50 on the stock turbo and HPFP.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Pump arrived yesterday. Fuel tank is almost empty. Probably time for a LPFP install tonight. Got the de-pinning instructions from Billy. Let's see how this goes.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP

Are you planning on getting it tuned anyway, and really is there a need to unless you get codes?

Also, surprised to have ordered it today and it shipped today. Sorry for those that waited 😛

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Are you planning on getting it tuned anyway, and really is there a need to unless you get codes?

Also, surprised to have ordered it today and it shipped today. Sorry for those that waited 😛

Yeah, I'm getting remote tuned on a dyno with EQT in a couple weeks. I'm just in the process of installing fueling upgrades and turbo so driving around on an OTS map in the mean time. On my old GTI, I got the P308D code immediately after lpfp went in and it kept coming back until my tuner sent me a file for it. The RS3 pump seems to not trigger that code. At least so far.

Nice man. arob157 should have his FWD install done soon too.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

I have been waiting since November for an RS3-based solution, so the extra wait at order intake wasn't a huge deal. That is essentially why I started trying to figure out how to use a different stock controller to push a Walboro instead of needing a PM4. I do believe it would still be an option. Just need to repin it similar to the the A2B solution. This is such a "safer" solution because it is a stock pump and VAG controller, connectors, etc. No hacking up of baskets or stuffing pumps in with zip ties, etc.

Hope to install it Friday night. Tank should be low enough. Decided I didn't want to jack with my car in the middle of the week and potentially miss work.

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
Brown/blue wire: Pin 1

Purple/Black Pin 3

Purple/White Pin 5

See the revised above pin out. It got messed up in copying it.

That’s how the pin out goes that need to be repined from the tophat plug into the small 6 pin provided connector.

Let me know how it goes.