GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Pump Controller Options/Upgrades (this is gonna be a long one...)

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I'm running an EQT XL with an HPFP upgrade on a 91 map, and I'm itching to go to e30/e40 (full e85 is a +, but not needed), and I'm wondering if the A2B pump kit will work in this situation.

Oh yeah, the A2B would work super well in that application. I would sell that HPFP and go MPI. Should be able to run 100% corn that way.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Just purchased the A2B Kit as well!

Let me know when you get yours. They must be in process of building them. Not sure when my order is shipping.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Let me know when you get yours. They must be in process of building them. Not sure when my order is shipping.
For sure. We probably won't see anything for 2+ weeks, but I'm not going to install mine just yet. I'm pretty sure you will install yours before I will get to mine, curious to see how it goes.

I'm not itching to go full E85 yet. I will add MPI/full corn after a short block rebuild. I figured if i ever have to go through the rebuild route, I might as well get another power bump in the process.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
My brushless RS3 lpfp arrived from A2B. Going in this weekend as soon as I figure out all the connections.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
My brushless RS3 lpfp arrived from A2B. Going in this weekend as soon as I figure out all the connections.

Nice! When did you order yours? Also, what is the little jumper harness with the crimps?

Still waiting on mine to ship. Hoping it goes out today. Getting excited to go full ham in a couple of weeks.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Nice! When did you order yours? Also, what is the little jumper harness with the crimps?

Still waiting on mine to ship. Hoping it goes out today. Getting excited to go full ham in a couple of weeks.
Nice! I just checked the status of mine and it's pending shipping.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Nice! I just checked the status of mine and it's pending shipping.

I messed up and didn't make an account when I bought the pump, but made one when I ordered my 5 bar kit. But for some reason the 5 bar kit doesn't show up in my orders. Although they did reach out to see if they could ship it at the same time. I obviously said yes as it is all going in the car at the same time.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT

I ordered on 7/27. Got an email that there was a delay in getting some pins in to finish the harness on 7/30. Got a ship notification this week on 8/5. Pump arrived today (NJ to TX) 8/7. That pigtail I think is for splicing into 2nd fuel float in AWD tank. I need to ask them for instructions they said was available on request. There is a FB post I can’t find at the moment.

Maybe your’s is arriving soon. They were prob waiting on same pins for the harness.

Edit: Found the FB post on what to do with that pig tail for AWD.

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I ordered on 7/27. Got an email that there was a delay in getting some pins in to finish the harness on 7/30. Got a ship notification this week on 8/5. Pump arrived today (NJ to TX) 8/7. That pigtail I think is for splicing into 2nd fuel float in AWD tank. I need to ask them for instructions they said was available on request. There is a FB post I can’t find at the moment.

Maybe your’s is arriving soon. They were prob waiting on same pins for the harness.

Makes sense on the pigtail. They must be building up AWD pumps first. I ordered on 7/24. Not in a massive rush by any means. Just happy there is a solution that is relatively cost effective and should flow upwards of 600HP.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Makes sense on the pigtail. They must be building up AWD pumps first. I ordered on 7/24. Not in a massive rush by any means. Just happy there is a solution that is relatively cost effective and should flow upwards of 600HP.

Yeah I may have gotten in on an AWD batch. Fingers are definitely crossed that this gets the job done. I’m stock block for now but nice to have the headroom for down the road. I’ve wasted so much money with baby step upgrades. Lol