GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel leak? Hidrolic leak?

JESSEIS#1

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Fuel leakage? on the passenger side pannel. You cant see most of it now i cleaned up most of the gunk. But.. whats the troubleshooting here guys.. it was caked up bad. 2021 only 16k miles. MODS
DP
INLET
K&N
Thank you in advance šŸ„µ
20211116_140357.jpg

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Same thing on my car, been told it's just coolant.
I can say from personal experience you'll know if you car starts leaking fuel

20210410_160146.jpg

JESSEIS#1

Car(s)
2021 GTI
I've got a similar residue. Have you noticed any loss of coolant? Based on location I thought maybe a bit of coolant, but I'm not certain. Hoping someone smarter chimes in.
Haha ya man same. It did smell like fuel tho.. the coolant level is still good.
That little purge valve on the hard line that's next to the coolant reservoir was almost a full turn loose. What is that?

JESSEIS#1

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Same thing on my car, been told it's just coolant.
I can say from personal experience you'll know if you car starts leaking It did smell like fuel tho.. the coolant level is still good.

It did smell like fuel a little bit. It was caked up really bad i should have taken a befofe and after shot. That little purge valve on the hard line that's next to the coolant reservoir was almost a full turn loose. What is that?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It did smell like fuel a little bit. It was caked up really bad i should have taken a befofe and after shot. That little purge valve on the hard line that's next to the coolant reservoir was almost a full turn loose. What is that?
Not sure what purge valve on the hard line you're referring to, got a pic?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I might be dumb here, but I don't see how this pic shows a fuel leak. explain pls?

It doesn't, and he isn't saying it's fuel.

He's saying if you have a fuel leak, it's an overwhelming and unmistakable smell that you can't miss.

The pic is to show that pretty much all of our cars have some residual gunk in that area from normal operation.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I might be dumb here, but I don't see how this pic shows a fuel leak. explain pls?
The pic was related to what I said about coolant.

As far as a fuel leak this is what my car looked like and like gtifan said stunk up the garage for a few days