GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel-It flex fuel kit (SOLD)

javier14427

Car(s)
GTI
Hey guys,

I ordered this and then got the idea of going HPFP instead and just run straight e85 so that I do not have to worry about blends(stock is20) I would say 340 and I pay shipping but am open to negotiation.

Attachments

• 20210210_214000.jpg
    20210210_214000.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Keep it and use it so that you can see what level your E85 fuel is it. I have mine installed and I'm full E85.
Yup it’s a good failsafe in the sense that you’ll know if you get a bad batch of E... say you get tuned with so good fuel at like a 80% content then get a batch that’s 55% in the tank and the car Starts knock retarding high and pulling all your timing... these type of Situations are why the tuner will still recommend either a sensor or a test kit - so you don’t instantly blame the tuner for a “bad” tune

javier14427

Car(s)
GTI
Yup it’s a good failsafe in the sense that you’ll know if you get a bad batch of E... say you get tuned with so good fuel at like a 80% content then get a batch that’s 55% in the tank and the car Starts knock retarding high and pulling all your timing... these type of Situations are why the tuner will still recommend either a sensor or a test kit - so you don’t instantly blame the tuner for a “bad” tune
yeah, that makes sense, i thought the ecu woul compensate for ethanol changes but did not think e85 would be that bad. Going to talk to my tuner and see what he thinks.