GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Injector Cleaners

surfstar

Ready to race!
Redline SI-1
Gumout Regane High Mileage (if you want a more affordable alternative
Chevron Techron

This. These are the ones with PEA - spend a bunch of time reading on BITOG if you want to go down a crazy rabbit hole, or save your time and just buy whichever one of these is cheapest at the time.

Jay-Bee

This. These are the ones with PEA - spend a bunch of time reading on BITOG if you want to go down a crazy rabbit hole, or save your time and just buy whichever one of these is cheapest at the time.

Can get The Gumout Regane PEA @ NAPA or on Amazon P/N 800001742

I run it in both my 2.0Ts every couple tank, it's awesome stuff.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

I don't know about those products but I know for sure that Berryman B-12 Chemtool works. It has a HEST (High Energy Solvent Technology) blend which is made up of Toluene, Acetone, Methanol, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, 2-Butoxyethanol, and 2-Propanol. Every third fill up I dump that stuff in and at 71k miles, I barely had any carbon build-up.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Chevron Tectron. BG44K. Liquimoly Jectron.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yep, that's the good stuff!

Cool.
I read up on this stuff, seems legit. Also says it's very potent, and may eat away at plastic components in the fueling system. I have an ethanol content sensor installed -- spliced into the fuel line attached to the HPFP. There's some plastic in the connections. Will B-12 be safe to use?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Cool.
I read up on this stuff, seems legit. Also says it's very potent, and may eat away at plastic components in the fueling system. I have an ethanol content sensor installed -- spliced into the fuel line attached to the HPFP. There's some plastic in the connections. Will B-12 be safe to use?

I have the same sensor installed and so far no issues with it.

surfstar

Ready to race!
I don't know about those products but I know for sure that Berryman B-12 Chemtool works. It has a HEST (High Energy Solvent Technology) blend which is made up of Toluene, Acetone, Methanol, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, 2-Butoxyethanol, and 2-Propanol. Every third fill up I dump that stuff in and at 71k miles, I barely had any carbon build-up.

That is just cheap solvent filler. Also every 3rd tank?!? That is overkill.
PEA-based cleaner twice a year should be plenty.
This gives a bit of info without going too far down the rabbit hole: https://shedheads.net/best-fuel-injector-cleaner

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

They say
That is just cheap solvent filler. Also every 3rd tank?!? That is overkill.
PEA-based cleaner twice a year should be plenty.
This gives a bit of info without going too far down the rabbit hole: https://shedheads.net/best-fuel-injector-cleaner

Interesting that Seafoam did not make the list.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Interesting that Seafoam did not make the list.
[/QUOTE]

Cheap stoddard solvent and mineral oil for the smoke screen effect. Doesn't do much cleaning.

BG44K is very aggressive and ate into my bearing overlays on a previous vehicle. Lead numbers went from 1 to 27ppm after use on a UOA. And Berryman Chemtool is similar, MEK is some nasty stuff.

Best bet for petroleum based carbon deposit cleaning is a PEA based cleaner. Redline SI-1 is highest content currently on the market but, Regane is not far behind and much less expensive. Techron has a fair amount, but not much more than their additized fuel products. Use a decent top-tier fuel and keep the cleaning products down to once or twice a year before oil change.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT