GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel drain

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
In other cars I have just jumpered the fuel pump relay...but I suspect things are more complicated due to the fuel pump control module etc. Interested to hear if anyone has figured out a good and easy solution.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
How can I drain the fuel from my tank

looks like factory manual shows removing LPFP and using extractor....

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 4.44.07 PM.png

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
LMAO...that seems a little extreme. Maybe for the R and saddle tank style this allows you to remove from both sides of the tank? I saw another guy in another thread talk about using one of those battery powered transfer pumps via the filler neck.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I'd be wary of using anything but a hand powered transfer pump. Don't want to catch fire like Ricky Bobby.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Just take off rubber hose from hpfp and run it until it dies?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Put a giant hole in the fuel tank... what, it's way to do it...

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
On a serious note, that's great to hear about the vcds / obd11 route. I'll have to try it out sometime.

How long until it times out?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
The dongle from IE also has a fuel tank drain function.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So I just went through this. Originally I pulled the LPFP out and pumped it from the fuel tank. After other suggestions, I just Ran a T off the Fuel line in the engine bay, One going to my gas can, the other going to the fuel rail, and just started the engine and let it run until it was almost empty.

If you think the fuel is bad maybe this wouldn't be the best route.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I tried out the OBD11 option. Engine module ->output tests-> fuel pump electronics (or something like that).

It's only a brief actuation of the LPFP. The pump takes a few seconds to spin up to full speed and then it's full speed for about ~10 seconds. Have to keep manually running the test. Definitely would be pretty slow to empty a tank, but I guess not a bad option if you only need to do it once in a blue moon and/or run the tank down pretty low before.