GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD: Volkswagen Pretoria 19” Wheels and Tires

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Mint set of OEM Pretoria’s off of a 2018 R. 19x8 ET 50.

Stock 235/35R19 Continental ContiSportContact 5P tires, DOT 1918. 6-7/32nd tread remaining.

SOLD

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I see you are in Canada. Is that price usd, or cnd?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Are these heavier then Austin’s? Would it be possible to post a actual pic of the treads?
21 lbs, Austins are about 25 lbs if I recall.

I didn't take photos of the tread dead on. I have a shot from the side but that's not helpful. They're a hair under 7/32, even wear across the section.

Interested in your wheels and tires but just trying to estimate the shipping. About where in Canada are you? Thanks
I'm in Ontario but use a freight forwarder that ships out of Niagara Falls, NY. They take up to 50 lbs so wheel will be split into 4 packages.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I’m only 5 hours from Niagara NY. Wonder what the shipping would be for the wheels. How will u package them so they don’t get damaged?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
My favorite OEM VW wheels by far (I'm a bit biased though ;)).

They are semi-forged and made by either BBS or Borbet, pretty damn light. Wheel and OE Conti tire combo was 5 lbs. lighter each than the OE Austins/Bridgestones. Makes a noticeable difference in the handling/braking dynamics. And look fabulous doing it. GLWS!

Free bump.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Will these ever not be extremely overpriced 🤨🤨
Let's say my tires are worth $400 (they're $800 new at least), that leaves $250 a wheel. Where can you buy 19" flow formed lightweight wheels made in Germany for $250 a wheel? Price out a new 19" wheel and tire package and you'll quickly realize it is priced extremely fair.