GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche Boxster Calipers (NQSBBK) *SOLD*

vortoxy

Car(s)
'15 GTI DSG
Selling a whole "BBK" for 312mm rotor GTIs or Golfs.

Grabbed a pair of base Porsche 986 brake calipers a few months ago, but have decided to go the larger rotor route. They're both rebuilt and repainted, but have no caliper logo. They're practically untouched since owning them because I always figured I would install them, but ultimately never did.

Brake kit for sale:
  • Porsche 986 Calipers (Left : 986-351-421-03 & Right : 986-351-422-03)
  • Brand new set of Hawk HPS pads
  • Brake pad hardware
  • 2x Braided front brake lines
  • 4x New brake pad shims
  • 4x Caliper to carrier bolts & washers
  • Either a pair of apiklol caliper carriers (for aluminum knuckles/GTI) or vagbremtechnic caliper carriers (for iron knuckles/Golf). Just let me know which one you need.
    • I bought the wrong carriers at first and eventually bought the right ones, but since I'm selling them my loss if your gain.
I also have a pair of stoptech slotted rotors, but they have been installed and used for roughly 100 miles or so of simple commuting to work. Will add them in for an additional cost.

Asking $1,000 for the whole kit. Willing to ship at buyer's expense or local pick-up here in SoCal (LA). DM for additional details, shipping quotes, and questions. Thanks!

IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 122

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Damn, I’m in the market for a brake upgrade but can’t do them just yet. If these are still available in a month or so and I don’t go the stoptech route, I’ll send you a PM.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah this is tasty man. Sheer curiosity, as I’ve never done this before, but how much would getting them sandblasted and repainted or powder coated cost? I have an Alltrack and want to retain the stock color scheme (no red). Alltrack has 312mm/non-PP GTI brakes so these fit the bill.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
Yeah this is tasty man. Sheer curiosity, as I’ve never done this before, but how much would getting them sandblasted and repainted or powder coated cost? I have an Alltrack and want to retain the stock color scheme (no red). Alltrack has 312mm/non-PP GTI brakes so these fit the bill.
usually the powder-coated cost around ~$200, not sure how much for sandblasting

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Bump for a sweet looking kit. I wish I had seen this when I was looking for a brake kit.

In terms of powder coating they don’t sandblast it. They will just chemical bath strip it and re powder coat. I would estimate around $200 depending on the shop and whether or not you remove the seals.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
They are a great brake setup. Can confirm. May want to check out "residual pressure valves" as mentioned elsewhere on the forum

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
@lumberjackzac you had increased pedal travel even with this NQSBBK? I thought I read that the piston area on this kit was a better match for the MC then some of the other popular, larger BBKs available?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
@lumberjackzac you had increased pedal travel even with this NQSBBK? I thought I read that the piston area on this kit was a better match for the MC then some of the other popular, larger BBKs available?
I wasnt able to lock the brakes up, trigger ABS, without RPVs. Car stopped really well but also running 235-firehawks and EBC Reds so that could have some influence.