SOLD: Neuspeed Downpipe

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
SOLD

Neuspeed CEL-Free Downpipe

This one: Neuspeed DP

I purchased it new from an owner who never installed it. I think he had it a while since these are no longer available. Patina in photos is from about only three months of use with a Corsa Catback (also listed here) and JB4 (all on a 2017 GTI sport). Never threw a CEL and I did not use an O2 sensor restrictor/fitting (elbow or straight). Neuspeed claimed co CELS when this pipe came out. They may have withdrawn the guarantee at some point. I never saw one in three+ months of use (Nov - early February this year).

Adapter pipe already cut to fit 3-inch catback. If you want to run it with a stock exhaust system, you'll need a 3 inch to 2.5 inch stainless steel reducer (widely available even from amazon) and an additional 2.5 inch clamp (you may have to borrow a pipe expander too).

No sound clips, but I would call the overall sound "throaty." DSG drivers can expect exhaust pops at full throttle. Installation was a bit of a pain, but you can do it without moving the driveshaft or engine mount as some recommend. Easier if you install O2 sensor after the pipe is in place (but loose).

Prefer local pickup. I'm in West Fort Worth.

Can ship it Fedex ground. For calculations:
Box weighs 21 pounds with all the internal packaging.
Dimensions are 29 x 18 x 13 inches.
Shipping from zip code 76116.

Asking $650 (plus shipping if needed)

Attachments

• IMG_5853.jpg
    IMG_5853.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_5848.jpg
    IMG_5848.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5851.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_5850.jpg
    IMG_5850.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm not interested but the price is too high when you can get a brand new DP from several companies for that price.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I always like seeing pictures of used parts because so many many companies post renderings of their products rather than actual photos. Not saying that’s the case here, because I never saw a Neuspeed downpipe ad posted by them, but it’s interesting that a $1,000+ downpipe is MIG welded.

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Own a piece of gti history!

CAT made this one pricey. This was the model that guaranteed no CELs. And I saw none in almost 4 months of use. $750 + shipping or pick up locally.

RD

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
These are excellent DPs. Yours will definitely sell for $500. Maybe everyone here already has a DP.