GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: MK7 SuperPro Control Arms - $275

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
The caster bushings only add .5 degrees. Depending on the arm you can get 1-2.5 degree of caster.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What's the most caster you guys are running on these setups anyways? I have the super pro caster bushings and had a shop install them cause I didnt wanna mess with pressing them out. I only run 7.8 degrees caster, is that what you guys ended up at?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I feel like my caster is alot then... I would like for them to pull back some cause Them being further forward prevents me from Getting the wheels more flush and still being able to air out...

Also, so these arms add negative camber also? I’ve adjusted the plates more since these setting but on the plates im
Maxed out already cause the airbag contacts the strut tower wall.
801D1A3C-72D6-4EC1-9992-D622AFE6B4E6.jpeg

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I feel like my caster is alot then... I would like for them to pull back some cause Them being further forward prevents me from Getting the wheels more flush and still being able to air out...

Also, so these arms add negative camber also? I’ve adjusted the plates more since these setting but on the plates im
Maxed out already cause the airbag contacts the strut tower wall.
View attachment 182684
Hm I didn't think you would have clearance issue running that slight amount of more caster. What was your caster previously with stock arms?

They say it's supposed to add an additional -.5 degrees of camber

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hm I didn't think you would have clearance issue running that slight amount of more caster. What was your caster previously with stock arms?

They say it's supposed to add an additional -.5 degrees of camber
To clarify, I don’t Have issues during driving at ride height. It’s when I air it out, the tab/mount that’s parallel to the ground for mounting the front bumper prevents me from getting wheels more flush, it’s also in part with how square/bulge my tire and wheel set up is right now 235/40 on a 7.5.
4E9E5068-C90F-47CD-B61F-7BD94F67E420.jpeg
171A65C3-39AB-4240-B4D3-E750F8526A2D.jpeg

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Didnt realize you're on bags. That's still a lot of caster. Idk why mine got installed and the caster didnt change. I got the offset hole ones too that's supposed to give caster like that

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
So got my alignment done today:

Driver Front:
Caster 8.6
Camber -2.4

Passenger Front:
Caster 9.2
Camber -2.8

They wanted to adjust the subframe to even things out, but I have the tyrol deadset kit so there's no movement. Just fixed toe and drove it home. lol

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
How did you get so much caster? I wonder if the shop that installed my caster bushings didnt install them right

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How did you get so much caster? I wonder if the shop that installed my caster bushings didn't install them right
I wonder if mine is mid 8s because the air struts are shorter...or my camber plates could could go back and in as i adjust for camber.

my control arms and bushing are all still stock, and the alignment was performed at ride height right under 25" FTG.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if mine is mid 8s because the air struts are shorter...or my camber plates could could go back and in as i adjust for camber.

my control arms and bushing are all still stock, and the alignment was performed at ride height right under 25" FTG.
I dont think anything with your camber plates would cause that kind of caster unless you have the vorshlag plates that adjust camber and caster. Maybe the shock like you said but I would have never guessed that as a possibility.