GOLFMKV

Sold : McGard Lug Bolts - Black - 28mm - Cone

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sold

McGard Black Lug Bolts
M14 x 1.5
28mm length
Cone Seat (NOT for OEM Audi or VW wheels)
Qty : 25
Brand new. Still individually sealed
$170 shipped, Paypalled (continental US)

These retail for between $476-$576 + tax for 50. I got a decent deal, so passing that on since I have no use for all 50. I kept 25 (5 spares in case)
That's the only quantity you can buy without going for the kit with the security bolts, which I didn't want.

They are a little pricey and I'm sure there will be a lot of comments that ebay $30 Lug Bolts work fine, but these are probably for those that want the best for the sake of wanting the best. And by best I mean most expensive. There is a direct correlation right? ?

Here's a link

https://shop.mcgard.com/black-cone-...5-thread-size-box-of-50-lug-bolts?sku=69700BK
McGard lug bolts enhance the look of any wheel! 2-piece design utilizes a free-spinning seat for optimum safety and performance. This design, in conjunction with a proprietary thread coating, protects against galling, helps prevent seized or difficult to remove lug bolts and enhances torque and tension. The chrome with black PVD plating is guaranteed for life not to chip, peel or rust.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bump

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Other than the free spinning seat which I highlighted the benefits of as well as being less likely to scratch wheel surface (which tbh no one is going to see the lug holes on the wheel anyway), I think it's just quality. For example the paint is guaranteed for life not to chip. Again, not sure if this is an issue with other black bolts.

Is it worth the money? Probably not, as you don't really hear of lug bolt failures, but to me, it was worth it.

I've had issues with cheap studs that stripped easily on another car, so wanted a quality bolt that I knew wouldn't be an issue. It was either these or Gorilla and I couldn't find those in time.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Other than the free spinning seat which I highlighted the benefits of as well as being less likely to scratch wheel surface (which tbh no one is going to see the lug holes on the wheel anyway), I think it's just quality. For example the paint is guaranteed for life not to chip. Again, not sure if this is an issue with other black bolts.

Is it worth the money? Probably not, as you don't really hear of lug bolt failures, but to me, it was worth it.

I've had issues with cheap studs that stripped easily on another car, so wanted a quality bolt that I knew wouldn't be an issue. It was either these or Gorilla and I couldn't find those in time.

ah ok that makes sense, so these will work with aftermarket wheels for our cars since they are cone seat correct? if so i am interested. by chance would you take $150 shipped?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just pm'ed

But yes. They're for aftermarket wheels.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bump

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bump

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sold