GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD please delete

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'm selling my < 2k miles used suspension parts I've used in the last few months. I ended up getting EQT coilovers after experimenting with these so I'm getting rid of these:

Koni Special Active shocks both front and rear:
I used these for a little less than 2k miles (not the springs) after purchasing these from Tire Rack a few months back. I had these installed at the dealers and they were really incompetent with the install and ended up sanding down the shocks to fit it in the front knuckles. Didn't really have any issues other than the cosmetic issues. Asking for $SOLD shipped.

DG Springs I purchased from Shopdap -- 5G4-071-677-E:
Bought it about a month ago and used for only about 2 weeks with few hundred miles. Wanted a minimal drop and was happy with it but wanted something more adjustable. Asking for $SOLD shipped

VWR Lowering Springs purchased from Urotuning
Bought it around the same time as the Konis. It lowered too much for my taste so only used it for about 1k miles. Asking for $SOLD shipped

Last edited:

brado

Where in the Bay Area? How are these in regards to comfort? I have the VWR springs and the ride is a bit harsh wondering if this will help

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I live near San Mateo / Belmont area. With VWR springs, I wouldn't recommend the Special Actives -- it lowers too much to take advantage of the dynamic dampening. Personally I would stick with stock or DG at most to pair with special actives

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Did the VWR rub or anything? Any issue with ride? Also, are these shocks just for cars with dynamic shocks?
The VWR didn't rub -- I had 225/45/17 wheels with it and had 0 rubbing issues. I just hated how low it was in the bay area (the roads here are just terrible). I actually don't have DCC with my car but VWR is too low to take advantage of Special Active's dampening since it's compressed to low