GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: JB4 AFR Harness - Avoid Posi-Tapping Your OEM Harness!

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Uh what? You aren't modifying anything in regards to the ECU, it intercepts a signal. It doesn't write to the ECU, how will they find odd values?

my understanding is that theirs sensors in the engine from fuel to air , that record the flow of gas/air. If you blow an engine VW will dig through your ECU maybe something smaller they won’t care but when corporate comes they dig. The harness still has a purpose no wire tapping, so all good there.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hey all,

I am in the process of making some harnesses for the JB4 that avoids having to tap into your stock harness - 100% reversible/undetectable! They are made using OEM connectors (albeit black instead of grey as those are in very limited supplies). Will come taped like stock harnesses, as well as have a bare wire pigtail with a genuine Posi-Seal connector which makes a weathertight seal with the blue AFR wire coming out of your JB4.

Professional crimped terminals and black wires used! No more poking holes in insulation and lowering the lifespan of your wiring!

Looking at $50USD shipped in NA!

They will be ready in a couple weeks, this is just so I can gauge how much I need to make.

EDIT: I have been asked to show a pic of it. It's just smoke and shredded wires ATM, so I can offer this:

Do the black ones have the opening for the tab that the grey one has that makes it unique?

BlueGTIguy

I'd get one

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
sorry to break it to everyone if your doing this for warranty concerns , if you ecu gets inspected by VW they will find a odd values associated with the Jb4 anyways so they will catch you.... you think they want to pay out claims lol.
Same story trying to stack the JB4 on an APR+ tune. Could just be talk...

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Notice Arin won't actually provide physical proof of this. If you already claim the data is stored on the ECU, I want proof of this. Why is it so hard, especially if you're a competitor (APR) to show the world this?

Chumley99

Any updates? I've been holding off installing my recently acquired JB4 to see if this harness sees the light of day. Would love to keep my pristine wiring intact!