GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: HPA OEM+ IS38 *SOLD!*

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
I upgraded to an EQT Vortex turbo, so I now have this HPA OEM+ turbo for sale. It has no shaft play and I ran it for approx 20K miles without any issues on an EQT custom tune.

It comes with a calibrated wastegate, diverter valve, and HPA turbo muffler delete. This is a complete turbo drop in!

Here are the upgrades that HPA made to this turbo to make it more reliable than your standard OEM IS38:
  • Billet extended-tip compressor wheel – This allows for better spool and anti-surge characteristics while still being compatible with all brands of IS38 tuning

• Fully upgraded and redesigned bearing system – Our bearing system has been used on our 450 HP level Hybrid in the field for well over a year with 100% reliability. We are providing the exact same system but in an OEM+ design. This is insurance from the known weaknesses of the OEM turbo.

• Inconel wastegate flapper – We found on some OEM turbos after long-term heat cycling from high EGTs to cold, the wastegate itself physically bends. Some of them have snapped and ended up in the catalytic convertor. This is a concern especially for those customer who attend track days and drive their cars hard. We have upgraded all our wastegates with a highly heat resistant Inconel version to ensure this never happens.

• Pre-set wastegate actuator – All turbos will ship from HPA with the wastegate actuator set to the exact voltage needed for true plug-and-play installation. Setting the wastegate on MQB based cars is complex and requires access to a VAGCOM which not all customers have access to.
Price: SOLD!
Payment: Cash or Paypal

20201130_161429.jpg
20201130_161256.jpg
20201130_161537.jpg
20201130_161626.jpg
20201130_161804.jpg
20201130_162015.jpg
20201130_162029.jpg
20201130_162124.jpg

Attachments

• 20201130_161616.jpg
    20201130_161616.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
How did you like the turbo?

It's a really solid turbo that gave me no issues whatsoever. The tuner (EQT) is really what made a difference with this turbo. I still had the lower end response for driving around town, but I was also able to rev it out to redline without losing power like the IS20. It was the perfect turbo for me as I do mostly highway driving on a daily basis, but I've been on the fence about upgrading to a hybrid turbo for a little more power. The EQT boost weather sale pushed me off the fence and down the rabbit hole a little farther! 😁

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
It's a really solid turbo that gave me no issues whatsoever. The tuner (EQT) is really what made a difference with this turbo. I still had the lower end response for driving around town, but I was also able to rev it out to redline without losing power like the IS20. It was the perfect turbo for me as I do mostly highway driving on a daily basis, but I've been on the fence about upgrading to a hybrid turbo for a little more power. The EQT boost weather sale pushed me off the fence and down the rabbit hole a little farther! 😁
Thanks for the feedback! Good luck with the sale and the new turbo setup!

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Still available!

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
I've been enjoying the IS20 I got from you, crazy to see you selling this one now. GLWS

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
I've been enjoying the IS20 I got from you, crazy to see you selling this one now. GLWS

Thanks! Glad to hear that the IS20 is working out for you.
I couldn't resist all the Black Friday sales haha!

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Monday bump! Still available and ready to ship!

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
How much power were you making with this turbo and the EQT custom tune? Did it require any extra fueling mods coming from the IS20?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
How much power were you making with this turbo and the EQT custom tune? Did it require any extra fueling mods coming from the IS20?

I never got a chance to put it on a dyno, but I would estimate around 340-360whp on 91oct and you can get 400whp running full E85.

You can run this turbo with the MK7 GTI stock fueling system for pump gas, but I upgraded my HPFP to add some extra fueling overhead.

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
I never got a chance to put it on a dyno, but I would estimate around 340-360whp on 91oct and you can get 400whp running full E85.

You can run this turbo with the MK7 GTI stock fueling system for pump gas, but I upgraded my HPFP to add some extra fueling overhead.
Ah okay so this wouldn't give me very much gains as I am currently IS20 on Stage 2 E30 making around 330Whp already.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Ah okay so this wouldn't give me very much gains as I am currently IS20 on Stage 2 E30 making around 330Whp already.

Yeah, the only real advantage of the IS38 would be the wider powerband.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When I had the IS38 on 91 octane I was making 363 HP. With E30 you would be close to 400 HP and then need the HPFP. Plus with the IS38 your car wouldn't run out of steam at 5500 RPM.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is it possible to make 400whp on is38 with FBO and an HPFP on 91oct only? Almost no e85 in my area :/
Not very likely. Like I said mine made 363 HP with all bolt ons and a catless DP. And that was at 28 lbs of boost which is at the limit of the stock MAP sensor.