Ready to race!
I have an Accessport for a 16 GTi with DSG and loads of tunes:

91 Oct MAP stage 2
91 octane Stratified stage 1 - multiple revisions
91 octane stratified stage 2 - multiple revisions
91 octane EQT stage 2
Stratified DSG tune

Open to offers, worst I can say is no
Not in a hurry to sell so I'll wait for the right buyer. Shipping from 55317 at buyers expense.

zoominms3

Ready to race!
Just so you know some tuners lock the tunes to the vin of the car. Those may not be usable for any other car but yours.

swifty1

Ready to race!
The MAP and EQT Tunes are off the shelf and a believe they are not VIN locked. The stratified tunes are custom but it was my understanding that all Cobb tunes are not vin-locked and its only the other brands (apr, uni, IE) that you worry about

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The MAP and EQT Tunes are off the shelf and a believe they are not VIN locked. The stratified tunes are custom but it was my understanding that all Cobb tunes are not vin-locked and its only the other brands (apr, uni, IE) that you worry about

I'm pretty sure that tunes are VIN locked also.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm pretty sure that tunes are VIN locked also.

I don't think they're VIN locked since neither EQT or MAP ask for a VIN, unless the AP does that to them when you flash the tunes.

However, I do agree they are locked to something. I bought a used AP off someone who had a 2017 GTI with the performance pack (CXCB engine code), and it came with an EQT and MAP Stage 1 they had purchased. I couldn't flash them onto my 2016 GTI without the performance pack (CXCA engine code), they were grayed out. So it might just be locked to the year of the car, engine code, both, or something else entirely. But there is no guarantee whoever buys this will be able to flash those tunes.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't think they're VIN locked since neither EQT or MAP ask for a VIN, unless the AP does that to them when you flash the tunes.

However, I do agree they are locked to something. I bought a used AP off someone who had a 2017 GTI with the performance pack (CXCB engine code), and it came with an EQT and MAP Stage 1 they had purchased. I couldn't flash them onto my 2016 GTI without the performance pack (CXCA engine code), they were grayed out. So it might just be locked to the year of the car, engine code, both, or something else entirely. But there is no guarantee whoever buys this will be able to flash those tunes.

Did you connect the AP to the AP Manager on your PC? I agree they have to be locked by some method.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They get locked out more than locked in per say, if they don’t match the engine/car code correctly *after the AP get installed to your personal car, the AP Will prevent them from being able to
Get flashed to your car as a safely measure to your ecu.

I got to view this first hand because I bough a used AP that was on a 2016 car and even the Cobb OTS maps that were on the ap were grayed Out. Same went for firmware levels. The mk7s are on like a v200 already but the 2019s are at like v106, so when my tuner first wrote my file he dod it off the v200 he’s been using and even thought the file was written for my exact engine/car code the AP would not allow it to flash. And even has a warning when you try to upload it to the AP when on the manager.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Could you uninstall them to clear space on the AP or since they are greyed out are you stuck with them being there?

Yeah, I removed them from the AP. Saves backups for no reason, but not stick with them there.

And yes, like swifty1 said, at the bare minimum they can use both th Cobb ECU and TCU maps with no issue. Good luck with the sale :)

swifty1

Ready to race!
I unmarried the AP and sold my GTi last week so this is just sitting in my room.
IMG_0603.jpg