GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: DBV2 True 3" Turbo Inlet Pipes - Not a Preorder/Group Buy

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I think I'm going get one from you. Here is how my mst looks with the stock dv. Send me a on with your PayPal info.

I will shoot you a message when I receive them. Just shoot me a PM on here and confirm if you want one. I am not taking any money until I receive them and they are ready to ship to end users. I am holding these with just verbal confirmation that you want one. And no worries if you decide you don't. I am super flexible on these as they are super popular. I am not going to sell any out from underneath anyone and not looking to profit on them at all.

Does the rubber hose diameter go down to stock? Trying to figure out if I can use this with my AMS intake.

I think it is straight 3". I have an Autotech intake and will see how it fits with that. I have no issues with my current TIP. The coupler is identical to the DBV coupler.

Actually, I am pretty sure that a guy on IG/FB is using an AMS intake with a DBV2 TIP. Let me find the link.

Edit: Yeap. vdub_dru does. Super nice guy. Chatted with him a couple of times.

https://www.instagram.com/vdub_dru/?hl=en

vdub.jpg

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
3 left!

Just got a tracking update that they are due to land Wednesday, 11/04.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Man this is tempting. I have the MST TIP & hose w/ R600 intake on my R with Vortex. Pretty sure I can use the MST hose straight away with this thing. Anyone aware of other hoses that would work? Just wondering since I'm sure when I would go to sell my MST people will prefer to have the whole kit (i.e. TIP + MST hose)

Last edited:

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I will shoot you a message when I receive them. Just shoot me a PM on here and confirm if you want one. I am not taking any money until I receive them and they are ready to ship to end users. I am holding these with just verbal confirmation that you want one. And no worries if you decide you don't. I am super flexible on these as they are super popular. I am not going to sell any out from underneath anyone and not looking to profit on them at all.

I think it is straight 3". I have an Autotech intake and will see how it fits with that. I have no issues with my current TIP. The coupler is identical to the DBV coupler.

Actually, I am pretty sure that a guy on IG/FB is using an AMS intake with a DBV2 TIP. Let me find the link.

Edit: Yeap. vdub_dru does. Super nice guy. Chatted with him a couple of times.

https://www.instagram.com/vdub_dru/?hl=en

View attachment 190494

Just talked to him via IG. Super cool guy. I'll take one. Hit me!

iSpeed

Passed Driver's Ed
The DBV2 inlet pipe silicone coupler mates up perfectly with the AMS intake. Also, the PCV connection works perfectly for factory or catch can setups. (I cerakoted my turbo parts)
I had no issues installing the inlet pipe but it definitely helps to remove the O2 sensor bracket off the fire wall for more room to install it, cuz she's a fatty!
That's my engine bay picture shown above that I took the day I got it installed back in September. ☝🏾 IG: vdub_dru 🤙🏾

arob157 Thanks for the mention!

Attachments

• IMG_20200901_065026.jpg
    IMG_20200901_065026.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20200901_072829_949.jpg
    IMG_20200901_072829_949.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 144
  • 20200912_110038-01.jpeg
    20200912_110038-01.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Man this is tempting. I have the MST TIP & hose w/ R600 intake on my R with Vortex. Pretty sure I can use the MST hose straight away with this thing. Anyone aware of other hoses that would work? Just wondering since I'm sure when I go to would go to sell my MST people will prefer to have the whole kit (i.e. TIP + MST hose)

I should actually pull in an inexpensive silicone hose and see what size they are and if they fit or can be made to fit easily.

I imagine most of the hoses are the same ID as the stock inlet OD. It is usually the inlet ID that varies dependent on material. DBV maximizes the inlet diameter by using SS tubing that is thinner walled ID/OD. The attached hose isn't under a lot of pressure in comparison to the turbo outlet feeding the discharge side of the turbo system.

Also, 1 TIP left! Who is gonna nab it?!?

Mlaplaca08

Passed Driver's Ed
Interested to see if you guys find an intake hose that works with it. Currently have mine with the new IE intake but leaning towards going to a closed one. From what I’ve found it seems to be just the MST hose so far.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Interested to see if you guys find an intake hose that works with it. Currently have mine with the new IE intake but leaning towards going to a closed one. From what I’ve found it seems to be just the MST hose so far.

While I don't own one, the VWR/Racingline intake hose looks promising. It has a larger OD/ID at both ends and tapers down ever so slightly. I think that Bryce Jordan has one and is probably off the car. Might be abke to ping him for a measurement. But his is from the full VWR 600 intake (but it honestly looks identical to just the hose itself).

https://www.bmptuning.com/products/vwr-high-flow-intake-hose-mqb

VWRHigh-FlowIntakeHoseMQB_1024x.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not to rain on your sale, but are these that much better than anything else out there. I have read that the MST is the best flowing and someone is upgrading from that. Any data on this one?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Not to rain on your sale, but are these that much better than anything else out there. I have read that the MST is the best flowing and someone is upgrading from that. Any data on this one?
Dbv2 cfm is higher then Mst's inlet if i'm not mistaken

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

Post number 8 in this for sale thread covers your exact question.

Take a peek at the data from MyGolfMK7. He compares the flow through the TIPs on a controlled test setup.

http://mygolfmk7.com/turbo-inlet-pipe/

http://mygolfmk7.com/2019/12/inlet-elbow-flow-test-round-two-large-adapter/

Still 1 TIP left. Thanks for the bump.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I'll take the last one!

Shoot me a PM just to confirm!

This went pretty darn well. I will keep the post active just in case any of the parties end up not wanting one.