GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: DBV2 True 3" Turbo Inlet Pipes - Not a Preorder/Group Buy

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I think I'm going to stick with my MST. I did find a Youtube vid and the dude is using the ECS hose, so add that one to the list of potential hose options. He used a hairdryer to heat up and got it on the DBV2...

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
All TIPs arrived today. Boxed and shipped same day. All owners will have them in their hands in time for a weekend install project.

Thanks for the interest folks!

Working with Dan to become the stocking stateside dealer on these. There might be a larger party interested and would defer to them, but happy to stock them. The interest was definitely there.

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
124166941_2244778535685903_6629180354060418231_o.jpg

Fast shipment and it came with candy! Thank you @arob157 !!!!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Fast shipment and it came with candy! Thank you @arob157 !!!!

Hey! Those were Annie's Fruit Snacks! Tryna keep those semi-healthy snacks going out there.

Always have loved the vendors that send out gummy bears or some other snacks. Luckily, the shipment arrived post-Halloween, so raiding the kiddos snack stash was not a conflict of interest.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Wow that looks really nice! Where are these being sold again?

DBV2 sells them in batches. This was a test batch to reduce shipping cost to individuals in the USA. They are super popular as they are best flowing TIP on the market. Applies to any MK7 stock frame turbos (IS20, IS38, any hybrid that utilizes a stock compressor housing).

Hoping to do the same on another order. This order went well and knocked cost off for everyone that bought one. Keeping in touch with Dan for the next batch. Feel free to read back through the thread for details.

Wonder why they are slightly different then the previous earlier batches.

I know Dan made adjustments to allow for clearance on hybrids with non-machined flanges for the alignment tabs. Not sure if that was specific to this batch, but this fit my EQT Vortex with just enough clearance. I did have to remove the stock wire harness retention bracket for the O2 sensors. I replaced it with a P-clamp and nut that I had laying around my parts bin.

Anythin else that might be different?

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
DBV2 sells them in batches. This was a test batch to reduce shipping cost to individuals in the USA. They are super popular as they are best flowing TIP on the market. Applies to any MK7 stock frame turbos (IS20, IS38, any hybrid that utilizes a stock compressor housing).

Hoping to do the same on another order. This order went well and knocked cost off for everyone that bought one. Keeping in touch with Dan for the next batch. Feel free to read back through the thread for details.

I know Dan made adjustments to allow for clearance on hybrids with non-machined flanges for the alignment tabs. Not sure if that was specific to this batch, but this fit my EQT Vortex with just enough clearance. I did have to remove the stock wire harness retention bracket for the O2 sensors. I replaced it with a P-clamp and nut that I had laying around my part's bins.

Anythin else that might be different?
Well the difference i see really is just the welded on portion where the intake hose attaches to his older batches were all just 1 piece. So just curious why he went this route on this batch. Mine is the a earlier batch from like june or july this yr. I love my tip glad i waited it out for the group buy.

Attachments

• 20200811_171840.jpg
    20200811_171840.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Well the difference i see really is just the welded on portion where the intake hose attaches to his older batches were all just 1 piece. So just curious why he went this route on this batch. Mine is the a earlier batch from like june or july this yr. I love my tip glad i waited it out for the group buy.

The breather fitting is still a single, turned (on a lathe) part that is welded into the intake inlet pipe.

IMG_20201104_133837284.jpg