GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: DBV2 True 3" Turbo Inlet Pipes - Not a Preorder/Group Buy

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I have QTY 5 - DBV2 True 3" TIPs for sale. These are the highest flowing TIPs on the market.

I ordered extra units to help lower shipping cost for myself and anyone else that might want one. Normally these are preorder only with a 2-3 month wait. Dan packaged & shipped them today. I expect them to arrive early-mid next week.

Price is $225 shipped anywhere in the continental USA (international interest is welcomed, just ask for a shipping estimate and I will happily get a quote). I will hold these on a first come, first serve basis and will not ask for payment until I have them ready to ship.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

http://instagr.am/p/CG5NDrljeA4/
dbvs t3tip.jpg

1603917879104.png

Edit: All TIPs are spoken for. Leave a message in the thread if you might be interested in one. I might have someone cancel. No PM necessary.

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Boom.

1 for me. Ready when you are.

Haha. 4 left.

ecacafce was already looking for one and I reached out previous to the post. Didn't want to make the post until I had shipping confirmation and a tracking number.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Just curious if you're planning on staying OEM IS38, are the gains worth it on this TIP vs a cheaper priced one? Granted this one looks amazing.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Just curious if you're planning on staying OEM IS38, are the gains worth it on this TIP vs a cheaper priced one? Granted this one looks amazing.

If that was directed at me, I am running an EQT Vortex hybrid. Which obviously flows a lot more air than even an IS38.

As far as if it is worth it, I would have to dyno or provide some logs comparing them. But temp has so much to do with turbo waste gate duty cycle due to air density increases.

I just know that it was a point I could upgrade.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If that was directed at me, I am running an EQT Vortex hybrid. Which obviously flows a lot more air than even an IS38.

As far as if it is worth it, I would have to dyno or provide some logs comparing them. But temp has so much to do with turbo waste gate duty cycle due to air density increases.

I just know that it was a point I could upgrade.
No, just asking in general. Seeing as these can be hard to come by, I'd hate to pass up a chance to snag one. I'm just somewhat ignorant on the topic as it was a bit further down the mods list.

Edit: "you're" was used in a hypothetical sense, I saw you're already running big turbo.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
No, just asking in general. Seeing as these can be hard to come by, I'd hate to pass up a chance to snag one. I'm just somewhat ignorant on the topic as it was a bit further down the mods list.

Edit: "you're" was used in a hypothetical sense, I saw you're already running big turbo.

Take a peek at the data from MyGolfMK7. He compares the flow through the TIPs on a controlled test setup.

http://mygolfmk7.com/turbo-inlet-pipe/

http://mygolfmk7.com/2019/12/inlet-elbow-flow-test-round-two-large-adapter/

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Unless you are running big turbo seems a bit excessive at $100 more than comparable products. It's an incredible piece and clearly very well made but you need the right setup to justify this part over others.

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, do you know if there is an issue with the pvc connection port on this? I have the MST pipe and I had to switch to a turbosmart plumb back DV cause the electrical connector for the OEM DV cause the PVC plug not to connect on the MST pipe. I almost bought a ECS one as the PVC connection looks taller and this DVB2 does as well.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Unless you are running big turbo seems a bit excessive at $100 more than comparable products. It's an incredible piece and clearly very well made but you need the right setup to justify this part over others.

I will try and get some logs on the same day with my Unitronic TIP and then install my DBV and see if I can spot some differences (changes in WGDC, spool, etc). I still have my stock TIP, so I will try that as well. It only takes 20 minutes or so to swap them out.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Hey, do you know if there is an issue with the pvc connection port on this? I have the MST pipe and I had to switch to a turbosmart plumb back DV cause the electrical connector for the OEM DV cause the PVC plug not to connect on the MST pipe. I almost bought a ECS one as the PVC connection looks taller and this DVB2 does as well.

I can test fit on an IS20 first that is off of my car with the old DV. I doubt there will be issues considering DBV uses stock IS38 compressor and turbine housings. And most tuners recommend stock DV.

Edit: Sure doesn't look to be any clearance issues on this turbo. Looks like an IS20.

FB_IMG_1604015269613.jpg

Last edited:

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
I think I'm going get one from you. Here is how my mst looks with the stock dv. Send me a on with your PayPal info.

Attachments

• PXL_20201008_012824813.jpg
    PXL_20201008_012824813.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 113

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Does the rubber hose diameter go down to stock? Trying to figure out if I can use this with my AMS intake.