9997EDC7-482B-47EC-A1CC-B623A9CF44B2.jpeg

brand new. DSG version.
center trim piece not included.

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
How much?

Vinsanyon

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased a car from this user and the license plates were not registered to the Golf GTI, I purchased but instead a Subaru. Because of the owner’s stupidity he never registered the car, and he was driving the unregistered car for a year illegally. After I purchased the car, he told me afterwards that he got pulled over by a police officer and they told him the car was registered to a Subaru, still he did not resolve the issue. Because of this I have not been able to drive the car for 10 weeks. I just now got the title and I purchased it back in June and it cost me $300 to resolve. I had a horrible experience purchasing from this seller. Buyers beware, do not purchase anything from this seller.
First of all, I am sry for your inconvenience, I understand the suffer that can’t drive your first car in your life for that long.
However, that was my first car too, I purchased it from dealer and let dealer took care of all the registration, I obviously didn’t realize that they did such a bad job.
Also, before purchase, i didn’t say I gonna give u my license plate, you didn’t request it as well, I decided to give it to you just because I would like to not because I have to. So, I really don’t have anything you can blame about.
Call me stupidity on what dealer did wrong is not smart.
CallEd me and want me to pay you the registration which I have no responsibility to and hold the license plate that you have no use of it to pressure me is Not smart either.
Not to say you copy and paste under every thread I posted in the forum is kind of childish and won’t help anything.
Again, I understand your feeling, I feel sry about that.
However, blaming me simply doesn’t make any sense.
Calm and enjoy your car.
Have a good ride, be safe.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I purchased a car from this user and the license plates were not registered to the Golf GTI, I purchased but instead a Subaru. Because of the owner’s stupidity he never registered the car, and he was driving the unregistered car for a year illegally. After I purchased the car, he told me afterwards that he got pulled over by a police officer and they told him the car was registered to a Subaru, still he did not resolve the issue. Because of this I have not been able to drive the car for 10 weeks. I just now got the title and I purchased it back in June and it cost me $300 to resolve. I had a horrible experience purchasing from this seller. Buyers beware, do not purchase anything from this seller.
So it cost you $300 to resolve an issue or $300 to register your car in your name?

Vinsanyon

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, because the plates were not registered to the car, it was registered to a Subaru, so I had to pay for that and there were late fees because he did not register it for about a year that he was driving the car. So, because the car did not have plates, it has been 10 weeks since I have been unable to drive it. I just now got the title. Now I am able to drive it. But if it had plates that were registered to the correct vehicle I would have been able to drive it from day 1.
So, are u saying you paid 300 bucks for late fee?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's completely irrelevant to anything really (just moreso self curiosity due to this drama being pasted all over the forum), but I'm still confused as to why the previous plates\registration mattered at all in this transaction? Assuming this was in CA, following How to Register Vehicles Purchased from a Private Party, there's no requirements for prior plates or registration.