GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD: 2018 Golf Sportwagen 6MT 4Motion OEM+++ (Western PA) ($23k)

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
**SOLD SOLD SOLD**

2018 VW Golf SportWagen 6MT 4Motion Platinum Gray Metallic
-52,100 Miles (slowly climbing, but not daily driven)
-Clean lien free PA title in hand
-Remainder of 6/72 B2B Peoples warranty (Purchased new in San Diego, CA in Oct 2018)
-Original window sticker and all documentation
-$23k

Engine/Trans:

-IHI IS20 FCP Euro (lifetime) (installed at 47.3k)(Professional install with documentation and new hardware/gaskets)
-APR Stage 3 93 Octane Stock DP tune (297 HP, 319ft-LBS as measured by APR) (at 47.3k)
-Stock DP, Clutch, IC (Holding power just fine, I don’t abuse the car or run it hard)
-Typical Stock airbox intake mods (grate delete, high flow filter, ECS inlet elbow, intake blockoff/dremel mod)
-APR Turbo Inlet, APR Turbo muffler delete
-APR Red top coil packs, fresh OE plugs (.024 gap)
-Oil changed every 5k with OEM Motul kit from ShopDap
-Blackstone oil samples at 26.6k, 31.6k, 47.4k (very healthy wear per Blackstone)

Suspension/Drivetrain:
-Bilstein B14 Coilovers (new OEM top hats, hardware) (Installed 31.5k)
-Professional alignment with documentation (at 31.5k)
-H+R 24mm RSB with Moog EL’s (at 40k)
-2018 Golf R Brakes, OEM pads, OEM rotors (installed at 50.6k)
-Brake/Clutch flush with OEM fluid (at 50.6k)
-‘Haldex’ flush/fill with OEM fluid (at 23.8k) (came out very clear/clean)
-034 Billet Aluminum Rear Subframe inserts w/new bolts (at 40k)
-DieselGeek Six Sigma Short shifter kit
-Blackforest Motorsports Stage 2 Torque arm insert

Interior/ Exterior/Visual:
-APR Boost gauge
-Golf R Estate Rear Valence
-‘Golf R’ Quad tips welded to stock exhaust
-Golf R estate rear window trim
-8P A3 Leather low profile rear headrests
-Maxton Rear spoiler
-Maxton Golf Front Spoiler (never mounted, BNIB)
-Black Forest Motorsports shift knob and shift boot
-APR Badge on engine bay plastic engine cover (+15hp)
-Rear Bumper ‘bumperdillo’ non OEM in flat black plastic
-Weathertechtech rainguards
-LED Interior lights
-badgeskins for radio button/airbag light
-OEM Rubber mats, and Brand new OEM fabric mats
-VW med kit, ice scraper, cargo carrier, 2 sets of rear bumper blocks (one new in plastic)
-Paint matched Front plate delete plugs
-RallyArmour Mud Flaps (gray lettering)
-OEM Full coverage undertray (from Golf Alltrack)
-3M professionally applied tint (not super dark, i think 15%/30%)
-APR Flow formed 18x8.5 silver wheels with Conti DWS06 235/40/18(1/3 life left, good wear) (1 wheel has minor blem/rash -pictured)

Extras (pictured):
-OEM fully assembled front/rear struts/springs with only 31.5k miles
-OEM Front brakes/pads/dust shields
-OEM RSB, Golf R RSB with OEM endlinks and mounting brackets
-OEM valence/undertray
-misc bolts/oem parts/etc
-OEM 18” Miltons with worn OEM bridgestone rubber (minor curbing on 2 -pictured)
-OEM VW crossbars and Thule Low profile bars
-APR 12/17mm hubcentric spacers with ECS Stud conversion kit (IMO perfect flush fit on OEM wheels)
-Extra oil change kit, misc fluids
-Diesel Geek superpin/bushing (Not yet installed)

Good:
-A well loved 1 owner car with a neurotic owner, lol. I have always loved this car and I feel it shows.
-Always garage kept, hardly ever saw winter duty. Spent first 2 years in SoCal
-Paid off, lein free. All stock parts + extras. Rare 6mt 4 motion wagon!

Bad:
-Minor front bumper rock chips/typical blems from daily driven/highway driven car
-I was not afraid to drive and enjoy the car with my family. White haired dog and toddler was in car at times
-Saw a couple winter ski trips/salt. Promptly cleaned and put back in the garage. Hardly saw bad weather.
-Chased down a canbus electrical issue that VW finally diagnosed as driver door harness. Replaced door harness and the car has been problem free since. Still has remainder of factory warranty as added peace of mind.
-Minor driver rocker panel ding, immediately painted and covered.

Why am I selling?:
Good question, and to be honest I’m struggling with it. The short answer is I am looking for a more track focused platform next, as I live near Pitt Int’l Race Complex and would like to purse my SCCA hallucinations… err aspirations. This wagon isn’t the right platform for that in my mind, so it’s time to let it go. What it is however is an excellent condition OEM+ rare wagon with 6mt and 4motion with great handling and reliable power. I bought a Tacoma so the car is no longer my daily driver but I still drive the car occasionally, and I am in no rush to sell so I won’t be upset holding for another year. If you are serious, let’s chat!

I feel this is an honest assessment of the car, but if you have any questions, need more pictures, or were serious and wanted to chat, please reach out.

The car is located 20 min north of Pittsburgh, PA in the Wexford, PA area.

** THULE Motion XT L is staying with me**

Paul Harding
5I8/727-5o37

PIC DUMP

[imp]

maxton lip mockup for those interested

Last edited:

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Pics just updated. Photos are from today post bath. She is back in the garage now. If interested, please reach out.

Last edited:

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Great looking car and love the upgrades. Always said the wagon needed the bigger turbo. If we didn’t just pop for the Tiggy this would have been on the list.

GLWS

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Appreciate the kind words. The car is now listed on the GSW/AT FB market, and builtforbackroads just listed it today. While I love the car, it's time to move on... please spread the word and reach out if interested.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I like these every time i see them more and more. This is actually really sick. But probly out of.my current price range. Glws!

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Thanks for the love. Some real interest on the car, and some viewings/one PPI this week with non-local buyers, but as of now the car is still available. If interested, please don't hesitate to reach out. Through the process of posting this car I have become much more resolved in selling it for the next platform, and as such... let's talk.

Cheers, Paul

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
After a few non-local buyers backed out, due to issues with logistics from AZ, i've just listed locally on CL today, maybe cars.com or similar tomorrow.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/wexford-2018-vw-golf-sportwagen-manual/7541522764.html

Spread the word. It's time.

EDIT: Anyone have any advice on where else to list?

(MK7, FB, CL, Built for Backroads) is it so far. Would love some exposure on what I feel is a real good, unique car. Just need to find the buyer that prefers to row gears.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
cargurus is a good place to list!

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Car Gurus is solid, good call. I always went to cars.com, but worth a shot.

BaT and CaB are a real thought, and I do think my car would do well... but idk. I guess I could do a reserve auction.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I just drove the car today on a lunch lap. I will miss this one. It's been a real pleasure getting to know the platform and the community with this car. Appreciate a lot of you!