GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD: 2015 VW GTI S (2-door, 6-speed DSG, stock af) 63k miles, $17.5k

murph1

Howdy,

I've been a lurker on the MK7 forums since 2016, when I first purchased this new-to-me GTI. The time has come to sell, so wanted to offer it here first, to see if any forum members may have an interest. This was a bucket-list/holy grail car for me, and has been treated as such from day one. I fully expected to drive this car into the proverbial sunset, but my family's vehicle needs have changed.

Pricing seems to be all over the map for MK7s, no doubt due to various supply chain issues impacting new car sales, and driving used prices skyward. I think that trend is finally starting to cool? One NC dealer reached out with an unsolicited offer of $13k to get it into his inventory, and Carvana quoted a $16.2k trade-in value. I'd much rather this car land in the garage of a GTI aficionado, who missed out on the chance to score a 2-door MK7 GTI decked out in Clark Plaid when they were still available.

The car is located in central North Carolina... pretty accessible from most of the east coast. If interested, drop me a note on the forum and we can exchange email/phone numbers to discuss further.

Thanks,
Murph

AT A GLANCE
* 2015 VW GTI S (2-door)
* 63,312 miles (mileage will continue to increase)
* Clean title
* No accidents
* Adult-driven
* 2nd owner car (2016 - Present)
* Car has always been in North Carolina
* Zero Rust, Zero Dings
* Interior looks brand new
* Premium Fuel Exclusively
* 25 mpg city / 33 mpg highway (these are conservative numbers)
* Non-smoking, no pets
* Current on all factory recalls, service bulletins, and regular maintenance
* Deep Black Pearl Exterior
* Titan Black Cloth Interior (Clark Plaid seating)
* 2.0L TSI DOHC 16-valve turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with direct injection
* 6-speed DSG Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic
* OEM VW 18” Laguna/Watkins Glen wheels
* Original owner's manual, window sticker, etc.
* Asking $17.5k OBO

SAFETY/COMFORT/CONVENIENCE
* Cruise Control
* Front and rear independent sport suspension
* Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with front and rear disc brakes (red calipers)
* Multifunction display with trip computer
* 5.8” touchscreen Radio with CD player and MP3 playback
* 8-speaker sound system
* Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity
* Steering wheel mounted shift paddles
* Heated front sport seats with manual lumbar support
* 60/40 split-folding rear seat
* Ambient interior lighting, footwell lights and LED reading lights
* Heated, foldable, power-adjustable side mirrors
* Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
* OEM GTI Monster Mats (set of 4), trunk liner with CarGo Blocks

DETAILS
The VW GTI is, of course, the legendary hot-hatch that combines practicality and performance in a stylish (some would say) quirky package. The VW Golf/GTI was also Motor Trend’s 2015 Car of the Year. It was a bucket-list car for me, and I finally scratched the itch in 2016. I was hell-bent to find a 2-door version, which were super hard to come by, since they had to be special ordered from the factory. Note that 2016 was THE last year for 2-door GTI (and Golf) production. After 3 months of searching, a 2015 GTI S (in jaw-dropping Deep Black Pearl) popped up at Paramount Automotive in Hickory NC. The original owner decided a four-door better met their needs, and traded it back to Paramount with 6k miles on the clock.

The original owner kept the car in pristine condition and all maintenance by the dealer. I have done my best to keep it that way, over ~8 years of ownership and an additional 57k miles. The car has never left North Carolina and the undercarriage and suspension show ZERO signs of rust or corrosion. The car has been an absolute joy to own and a blast to drive. It has run flawlessly and looks as striking as it did the day I drove it home. There are ZERO dings anywhere. The iconic Clark Plaid interior looks brand new. It has been adult driven (I never even attempted the GTI’s “launch mode”) and has lived a pampered life, serving as my daily for a 50-mile roundtrip commute (most of which is highway miles). The car has never been smoked in, and we have a 2010 Honda Element for hauling our greyhound around.

This GTI has not been modified from stock, save for the 18” VW OEM Laguna/Watkins Glen wheels that were available as an option in 2013. They also have the exact same dimensions as the stock Austin wheels. When it was time for new tires, I went with the stock Pirelli Cinturato P7s. To my eye, the angular profiles of the Laguna spokes compliment the MK7 body lines much better than the Austins. The anthracite color also works well with the Deep Black Pearl. The GTI is current on all factory recalls, service bulletins, and regular maintenance. All work performed by local VW dealer and shops:

* Leith Volkswagen (Cary, NC)
* Black Forest Industries (Cary, NC)
* Apex Tuning (Apex, NC)
* Performance Automotive (Pittsboro, NC)

IMG_0703.jpgIMG_0706.jpgIMG_0707.jpgIMG_0708.jpgIMG_0710.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0715.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0723.jpg

Last edited: