GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 18" Bristols

Phillip.Triplett

Passed Driver's Ed
5x112
18x8 ET48

These are the five spoke, split spoke off of the new Passat, without tires and minor defects. Never driven on and defects from transporting from house to house.

$350 obo

Phillip.Triplett

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have pics of the defects?

I went and looked at all the wheels and was mistaken, these wheels are in great condition. Nothing visibly seen but I did not go over with a fine toothed comb.

Shipping FedEx from 37421 (me) to Alexandria, VA (for reference) is roughly $300. I am not paying for shipping as this is still a deal when these wheels go for $150 a piece everywhere else.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Shipping FedEx from 37421 (me) to Alexandria, VA (for reference) is roughly $300. I am not paying for shipping as this is still a deal when these wheels go for $150 a piece everywhere else.

HUH? :confused:

I've shipped wheels many times

It's only ~$105 for all 4 wheels (4 boxes, 20x20x10" box @ 30lbs each) via FedEx Ground from 37421 to 22304 (a residential address) for example

And if you had a FedEx account and/or shipped to a business address, it'll be even cheaper

Phillip.Triplett

Passed Driver's Ed

It's only ~$105 for all 4 wheels (4 boxes, 20x20x10" box @ 30lbs each) via FedEx Ground from 37421 to 22304 (a residential address) for example

And if you had a FedEx account and/or shipped to a business address, it'll be even cheaper

I thought it would be too but I went to FedEx today and they are giving me the quote of $300 now. The box is 24x24x10 with wrap, packaging is roughly $25 a wheel and then shipping is a little over $55 a wheel. I thought it was nuts too but I don't typically ship big items. I tried UPS as well but they are more than FedEx.

Phillip.Triplett

Passed Driver's Ed

By all means, if you know something I don't help a brother out. I'm just trying to get rid of some wheels so I can finish airride on my car. Not trying to rob anyone. :)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I think $400+ shipping is totally a fair price. You're just going to lose a lot of buyers trying to charge an extra $300 for shipping though

Like I said....those wheels weigh NO MORE than 30lbs boxed up and you need a 20x20x10" box for them, and it came out to $104.41 on FedEx's site, that anyone can use, for all 4 of them.

If I logged into my account though, it would've been cheaper

See if you can find some boxes, to ship them, from a local wheel shop. OR just buy them from a local storage/shipping place for cheap, and cut them down to the right size if need be

Phillip.Triplett

Passed Driver's Ed
I think $400+ shipping is totally a fair price. You're just going to lose a lot of buyers trying to charge an extra $300 for shipping though

Like I said....those wheels weigh NO MORE than 30lbs boxed up and you need a 20x20x10" box for them, and it came out to $104.41 on FedEx's site, that anyone can use, for all 4 of them.

If I logged into my account though, it would've been cheaper

See if you can find some boxes, to ship them, from a local wheel shop. OR just buy them from a local storage/shipping place for cheap, and cut them down to the right size if need be

I hear you brother and appreciate the advice...I am honestly not so worried about getting these wheels shipped to do any extra leg work on them (i know i am being lazy).

That said...these wheels are Pending Sale