GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front plate freedom day!!!

emoslaughter

I yanked mine off 3 days early because I’m fucking dangerous. I did get nabbed for no front plate to the tune of 300$+ Here’s an old yucky plate photo RIP

Attachments

• CB1BE579-AB00-4D4A-8DFA-5A5E7EA18449.jpeg
    CB1BE579-AB00-4D4A-8DFA-5A5E7EA18449.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 184

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Got pulled over today in VA for no front plate, 2nd time since the virus hit, never had to happened the year before. First time was a warning this time i got a ticket (both different counties) , gonna throw a plate on and see if i can get it taken off since it's a 3 point hit. Wonder what their thinking was to whip a u-turn to go 40 in a 25 while the people in front of me were doing 35 and i was doing 25.....

they have to maintain their national reputation as the worst traffic policing state somehow.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
they have to maintain their national reputation as the worst traffic policing state somehow.
Yeah they sure do, just find it funny the state police and unmarked don't bat an eye at it but the young cops act like I'm doing a 100 in a 25

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Yeah they sure do, just find it funny the state police and unmarked don't bat an eye at it but the young cops act like I'm doing a 100 in a 25

You've actually reminded me... This weekend, I was picking up some takeout in Ohio (Mely's Kitchen - bomb Filipino food). Driving home, light came up. I was driving the truck, not the golf, and was at that split second between running the light - or not. Ran it, not even speeding - there were no cars in the intersection on any side except for me - directly in front of an oncoming local cop who'd been about a half a block down. He stared and braked, I slowed. He'd clearly seen what I did and gave me the wtf wave. For a second I thought he was going to pull a U turn but he just gave me another wave, hit the side of his vehicle and kept on rolling. My truck is illegally tinted - 50% windshield, 20% all other windows (windshield/front illegal in OH), no front plate. No ticket.

A coupla months ago I was coming back from camping in Canada, was a 8-9 hour drive up north. Coming back on a Sunday night around 2AM, speeding down i90 around 80-90. I get hit by a statie, who pulls me over. Was in the mk5 r32, no front plate, 20% tint, 35% windshield at night - red car but completely blacked out, but also loaded to the brim with camping gear, probably smelled awful, and a thule box up top. Got off with a warning that time, thankfully. Didn't really say anything special, was expecting a ticket but was also nearly home and I think he felt sorry for me.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
in illinois, i've been running my cars front-plateless for atleast the last 5 years. luckily noone seems to care; only when i go to chicago do the meter maids here and there catch me and i get a $25 fine; worth the risk IMO. I think the police have more important things to worry about

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
in illinois, i've been running my cars front-plateless for atleast the last 5 years. luckily noone seems to care; only when i go to chicago do the meter maids here and there catch me and i get a $25 fine; worth the risk IMO. I think the police have more important things to worry about
This makes me feel good, I just took my plate off in the front because it was blocking airflow to my oil cooler. I don't park it on the street ever in Chicago but was nervous about getting a ticket if I'm driving around.

Now I just have to decide what I'm doing about the nasty bumper holes. Friggn 5 of em holding the plate bracket on.... really VW?!?! Saw a website that does bumper plugs but they wanted $60 for a pair of 2. Big nOpe! I'm hoping to find a plug at home depot motorsports and will just paint them myself.
IMG_20200706_115132_375.jpg

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I used the mushroom head push pins from the plate bracket and put them back in the holes as a temp fix.

I plan on taking my paint code to napa and have them whip up a spray can.

I also joined the (legal) no front plate club today, for $50 w/registration renewal