GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front license plate bracket

hypergti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Since NY requires front license plates, looking for an alternative to drilling holes in the front bumper. I have done the research but looking for what members have that they are happy wit

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
I'm happy with the US Millworks front license plate holder, but if I could do it again than I would have bought the Legit Speed Designs instead.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
What's wrong with the factory one? Personally I never liked the offset look, must be my OCD, lol. Unless you are planning to move out of NY, you are always going to have to have a front plate, so why not just mount the factory one? It fits nice and tight and will look better in my opinion.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What's wrong with the factory one? Personally I never liked the offset look, must be my OCD, lol. Unless you are planning to move out of NY, you are always going to have to have a front plate, so why not just mount the factory one? It fits nice and tight and will look better in my opinion.

I agree, not a fan of the offset look. I've heard people say "I like it offset because I don't want to drill holes in my bumper", which is kind of a circular logic to me. As long as you have the stock license plate mount, you don't see the holes, so them being there doesn't matter. The holes only matter once you have an offset plate.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
In NJ mine came with the required front plate. My last car brought in PA did not and ruining the front look with the required plate
felt like ..well like ruining my car for some silly required law from the 1940s? Show me one Chevy commercial with their cars
with front plates. So I feel for the OP.

While an offset plate may not look that good to some, the location seems as arbitrary as the center for a U.S. plate. Neither look look like a GTI bumper/nose as designed by the designers.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I've actually read that NY might take away the need for a front plate to reduce production costs.This may have just been speculation I came across but I got the bracket in the off chance it happens.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I recently moved out of NY, back into PA (don't need a front license plate anymore). I have a US Millworks Front License Plate with Quick Release if you are interested. Feel free to PM. I haven't had a chance to put it up on the classifieds. Coming off my 2016 GTI

cb1111

I have no clue if the Alltrack I just bought has holes drilled for a plate so I figured I'd look into options.- based on this thread. While looking at reviews on the CravenSpeed site, I ran into this picture that just wants to make you shake your head and wonder what the hell is wrong with some people. Does the driver walk around goosestepping, shave his head and burn down synagogues? I'm not Jewish, but I really got pissed off when I saw this. What is the old adage "those who don't learn from the past are destined to repeat it"?

1606067840466.png

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I put together an inexpensive option for a center mount without drilling. We've moved enough that I didn't want holes if we moved to a state without a front plate - and I was glad for my choice when Ohio eliminated the front plate requirement this year.

The metal bracket came from Amazon, and I combined it with a plastic plate backer (from the local parts store, I think) and two toggle bolts from Home Depot. I sprayed all the metal parts with Plastidip for cushioning and some rust protection. The bolts went through the lower grille openings and tightened to hold the whole assembly without damage.
20200630_195817~01.jpg

20200630_194936~01.jpg

20200630_194434~01.jpg