GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front LCA Bushings Upgrade?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
i went with the superpro and they honestly weren't as much of an upgrade as i expected but certainly noticable and minimal increase in nvh, the increased caster is nice too

Same. Both of the fronts and the rear trailing. I didn't use the ones with increased caster.

It's a nice, albeit subtle upgrade. For as little as it costs (if done diy) totally worth doing.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
BFI is a solid bushing. The RS3 still has voids

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The voids are minimal.
$40 for a pair of RS3 bushings (including shipping) vs. $100 for fully solid. Aggressively daily driver. OEM from e-acca makes much more sense.

BFI aren’t $100...

They are $50 shipped.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
BFI aren’t $100...

They are $50 shipped.

Took me scrolling through the entire page to see that they are sold in pairs. My recommendation: it would definitely help if you guys stated they are sold in pairs right below the price field. In that case buying them from BFI makes sense, although e-acca has been shipping pretty fast these days.

Tiny1138

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI 3 Dr DSG PP
I went with the GTI CSS bushes on my Mk7 R - wow, what a difference, no extra NVH but so much more positive steering.
Do you have DCC? I’ve had these fitted to my Mk7 GTI PP (Non-DCC). Definitely feels more ‘tight’ through the corners but the tyre noise has increased and on uneven road surfaces they’re not as comfortable as standard. Booked in for a wheel alignment next week so see what that comes back with

evilhomura89

Passed Driver's Ed
Should be the same as the RS3 ones. 81A407183
5Q0407183F and 81A407183 are the same right?
For those who have 81A407183, are you able to see who is the manufacturer on the bushings?

I've been reading good feedback on lemforder's bushings (esp by the BMW guys) and the equivalent of this part from Lemforder is "LEMFÖRDER 42378 01"

Should I order the 81A407183 or go for Lemforder 42378 01? Any suggestions?
At the moment, I'm able to source 81A407183 for a slightly lower price compared to Lemforder.