GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front LCA Bushings Upgrade?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Are you talking about the forward bushing on the front LCA? Or both front LCA bushings in general?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
The RS3 front location bushes on the LCA are the same as the other MK7 MQB cars. Only the rear is different (according to a Clubsport parts list anyways).
To add to that for the OP - the front bushing (by design) will not see the lateral loads that the rear bushing will. The front location is such to allow the LCA to articulate as the suspension runs through its travel range, and the rear bushing takes the lateral load during cornering.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
So what is all this talk of RS3 style front LCA bushings that are solid rubber without voids?
There are two bushings on the front LCA - a forward and rear bushing. The forward bushing is the same on all MQB cars. The rear bushing is the one that is stiffer on the RS3 and TTRS. The BFI bushing I mentioned prior is for the rear location on the front LCA.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
There are two bushings on the front LCA - a forward and rear bushing. The forward bushing is the same on all MQB cars. The rear bushing is the one that is stiffer on the RS3 and TTRS. The BFI bushing I mentioned prior is for the rear location on the front LCA.

Damn it, I read that post wrong. Thanks for clarifying!

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Front bushings are identical, and solid. Rear bushings for the RS3 compared to stock golf R bushings. Difference is even more obvious in person. The RS3 barely had any void, JUST enough to allow for the desired rotational freedom.
PXL_20201020_034846548.jpg

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
Are these not for the front LCA?

8S0407183B

I thought those bushings were upgraded fronts? It's the furthest back bushing on the front LCA, right?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Are these not for the front LCA?

8S0407183B

I thought those bushings were upgraded fronts? It's the furthest back bushing on the front LCA, right?
Correct, these are the front (rear position) bushings from the TTRS which have no voids in them.

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
Correct, these are the front (rear position) bushings from the TTRS which have no voids in them.

I'm an idiot, I'm reading the post again and realize what was being said haha.

They're the rear most bushings on the front LCA... /facepalm

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
i went with the superpro and they honestly weren't as much of an upgrade as i expected but certainly noticable and minimal increase in nvh, the increased caster is nice too

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
I went with the GTI CSS bushes on my Mk7 R - wow, what a difference, no extra NVH but so much more positive steering.