GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Grille DRL (mk8 lookalike)

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Mine were 100% not from moisture, it’s happened within 48 hour in Vegas dry weather and was not washed or wet before they started failing. Just shit diodes I’m sure, sucks cause the fitment of the fixtures were on point for sure.
Don't put those lights in! They are redesigning the led housing and upgrading it. They just sent me a message about them. So I'm not the only one having issues with moisture getting inside. Look below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-214426_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220221-214426_eBay.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 160

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
I sent them a message this morning asking how long it will be when the redesigned ones would be out and if I could send them back and wait for new ones

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I sent them a message this morning asking how long it will be when the redesigned ones would be out and if I could send them back and wait for new ones
Yea I'm waiting for the new ones to be made they didn't give a eta. They only mentioned they would give me a update on them when they have a better idea on eta.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
Yea I'm waiting for the new ones to be made they didn't give a eta. They only mentioned they would give me a update on them when they have a better idea on eta.
It blows because I got the box today. I want to put them in, but I don’t really see a point if they’re just going to burn out.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
It blows because I got the box today. I want to put them in, but I don’t really see a point if they’re just going to burn out.
Yea I wouldn't bother especially if they will replace them with the updated ones. I would just wait.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
I assumed in the picture on the listing showing the golf R grill that it would fit the standard grill in my Sportwagen. It definitely does not. There’s no way to slide in the lights without taking the grill off an dremeling out slats for it to sit in

Attachments

• 3E2DDDD8-248B-439D-9252-31532B54A1F7.jpeg
    3E2DDDD8-248B-439D-9252-31532B54A1F7.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 205

Spades

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 R
Does anyone have an update on the new lights? I see now that there's a version that clips onto the grille instead of taping on. Are those the new lights?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Does anyone have an update on the new lights? I see now that there's a version that clips onto the grille instead of taping on. Are those the new lights?
Those should be the mk7 version. The updated mk7.5 version isnt out yet.

Spades

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 R

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Any updates so far? I see on Aliexpress, there's a few of them with 5 star ratings rated a couple months ago. Maybe those are the newer ones?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...00025050313357!sea&curPageLogUid=9NaU0JDj5zmx

This says it's for the Mk7.5 facelift though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...916627339990096048ec90f!12000024056104979!rec
Neither one of those are the updated one. Plus they havent even came out with the updated version yet. I ended up getting a refund from them and called it a day. Got tired of waiting for the new ones. Everytime i asked about the updated ones I got told they were still working on making updated ones.

TrueParadox

Car(s)
2018 GTI
sad...these look super good. I wish some other more reputable company would make something like this.

Spades

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 R
Apparently the facelift ones I posted are the updated version according to the seller. Might take the plunge and try them out but I'm not the best at wiring and electronics...

Edit : Seller says it was updated only 1 month ago.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Apparently the facelift ones I posted are the updated version according to the seller. Might take the plunge and try them out but I'm not the best at wiring and electronics...

Edit : Seller says it was updated only 1 month ago.
Not sure what was updated cause that kit doesnt look any different really. Plus the wiring harness for that one looks awful. Looks like you have to wire em to the battery where as the other kit piggybacked power from off the headlight harness. Plus the kit most of us got was from the Jogon seller.

Attachments

• -1088270191-574712729.png
    -1088270191-574712729.png
    561.7 KB · Views: 72