GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Grille DRL (mk8 lookalike)

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
So far so good but I am looking into better replacements if/when the strips start to fail.

But I'm happy with it overall.
IMG_20220205_214525.jpg
IMG_20220205_214544.jpg

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Mine didnt last very long maybe a few days before the leds started to go out. Contacted the seller they are supposed to send a replacement set out.

HiddenPants

Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
So how do these wire up exactly? I've been looking into a product like this but I'm not sure if a want to go messing around with a whole bunch of wiring. Is it pretty straightforward or is there a lot involved like stripping wires and rewiring the headlights?

HiddenPants

Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
So am I to assume that I just unplug the headlight then, and plug one side of the harness into the female plug and the other into the male side and that's it because that seems a little too easy?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I did and that's what I assumed but I just wanted some clarification , thanks.
I'd just save your money. These lights are garbage imo. Wouldn't bother buying them. Mine lasted 2 days if that before the leds burnt/shorted out.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'd just save your money. These lights are garbage imo. Wouldn't bother buying them. Mine lasted 2 days if that before the leds burnt/shorted out.
They send you new ones yet? Mine finally showed up last week. I’m planning to open the diffusers up and see about just modifying them with better strip lights. Already dreading getting the old ones out cause the 3m has them locked in.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
They send you new ones yet? Mine finally showed up last week. I’m planning to open the diffusers up and see about just modifying them with better strip lights. Already dreading getting the old ones out cause the 3m has them locked in.
No not yet still waiting. I'm dreading the same thing removing the old ones are going to be a pita. I sealed the black box on the harness but thought the lights would be fine. I'm going to seal the new lights better cause obviously they do a terrible job sealing them.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Mine failed due to moisture getting inside them kinda disappointed honestly. Its so bad on the driver side the led strip is turning green.

Attachments

• 20220219_190854.jpg
    20220219_190854.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216
  • 20220219_190858.jpg
    20220219_190858.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 214

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Mine were 100% not from moisture, it’s happened within 48 hour in Vegas dry weather and was not washed or wet before they started failing. Just shit diodes I’m sure, sucks cause the fitment of the fixtures were on point for sure.
See I live in Ohio and weather as been awful. Cold and alot of snow. The diodes are definitely trash but the fitment of everything was spot on like you said. They fit great but the quality of the led diodes are just awful.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Mine were 100% not from moisture, it’s happened within 48 hour in Vegas dry weather and was not washed or wet before they started failing. Just shit diodes I’m sure, sucks cause the fitment of the fixtures were on point for sure.
They mentioned to me when I messaged them last that they would forward my concerns and issues I have with them to the factory. I'm sure they won't do anything though. I wish the housings we more like the Mk7 ones. Atleast the front portion of the mk7s they look like a better housing.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 155