GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Grille DRL (mk8 lookalike)

Karbelkar

Car(s)
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI
Has anyone installed these:

For VW Golf 7 Facelift 7.5 MK7.5 GTI 2018- 2020 Front Grille Light Bumper Lamp LED White DRL Day Running Light Auto Modification
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vO8HO4
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vO8HO4
-1898726906-2125985143.jpg
-35422174-1915155149.jpg
-213161659850249561.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while and only saw one other car that did it with diy leds… and didn’t look great when they were off since the housing /diffuser didn’t look oem and he’s makes sure to post elusive daytime photos, and when people as what lights he used he won’t tell anyone other than “he rigged it custom lol”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFh1vZ3HobP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thanks for the link! I didn’t know a non diy existed.

Edit: I’ll tell you how they fit sometime after December 10th 😂😂

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I have a set i put on my mk7.5 gti but got mine from ebay.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How is the fit, and is it really a plug and play install?
They showed up today, I only test fit cause I’m messing with the vinyl tint colors to keep my blacked grill look. But with out even using the 3m tap - Fit is Perfect and yes it plug and play and works just like the drls in the light in regards to powering on and off, and off when the amber turn signal is on.

Very satisfied with them, and once tinted it will be incognito and match the headlight drls with light output perfect.

066B910F-20C8-44BC-ADDE-880C91D951EC.jpeg
0156C244-26B9-492C-B601-0288EAF8BD54.jpeg

Last edited:

Karbelkar

Car(s)
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI
L
They showed up today, I only test fit cause I’m messing with the vinyl tint colors to keep my blacked grill look. But with out even using the 3m tap - Fit is Perfect and yes it plug and play and works just like the drls in the light in regards to powering on and off, and off when the amber turn signal is on.

Very satisfied with them, and once tinted it will be incognito and match the headlight drls with light output perfect.

View attachment 232174View attachment 232175
Looks awesome, I think I will take the plunge

MeRP2S

Ready to race!

View attachment 232174View attachment 232175
Did you have trouble connecting the harness to the connector that comes off the passenger headlight? Mine isn’t connecting which I found to be weird. From the harness provided, the connector that connects to the actual headlight fits perfectly but the other connector that connects to the actual wire that provides power and all doesn’t match up. The purple clips on the inside perhaps are what’s causing this issue? Not sure but it’s rather disappointing. How did you end up hiding/feeding the black and white cables? Messaged the seller so I’m hoping to hear back soon

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did you have trouble connecting the harness to the connector that comes off the passenger headlight? Mine isn’t connecting which I found to be weird. From the harness provided, the connector that connects to the actual headlight fits perfectly but the other connector that connects to the actual wire that provides power and all doesn’t match up. The purple clips on the inside perhaps are what’s causing this issue? Not sure but it’s rather disappointing. How did you end up hiding/feeding the black and white cables? Messaged the seller so I’m hoping to hear back soon
Mine was like that too first time, I thought it didn’t match up but if you line it up and use some for it clips right in. After I did that I unclipped it to make sure nothing was broke and plugged the oem socket back to the head light and all was fine. Just takes a little more force on that socket and you’ll get it.

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
Mine was like that too first time, I thought it didn’t match up but if you line it up and use some for it clips right in. After I did that I unclipped it to make sure nothing was broke and plugged the oem socket back to the head light and all was fine. Just takes a little more force on that socket and you’ll get it.
Thanks so much for replying! I’ll give it another go tomorrow and try it out. As far as the cable routing. I’ll probably have to do that tomorrow as well and drill those holes too. Hopefully mine turn out like yours!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
What, if anything prevents this from working an a non facelift Mk7?