GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Assist is not Available

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I thought Carista was very versatile and made all the changes I wanted to for $10. And much easier than OBDeleven. Then you could rent one week's usage for $10. Have Torque Pro app and Access Port for tuning and codes.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello,

I don't know about your Air con error, but I got Front Assist locked like you

somebody bumped in front of my car, sensor was off its place, fixed it but still in error

I needed to use VCDS to fix this, by "recalibrating" the sensor :

https://www.forumgolf7.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21000 (french but you can surely translate it)

hope it helps :)
That's not calibration. Calibration is not possible without the calibration boards.

That's resetting the emergency brake counter..........

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
About a year ago I had the ACC error, and was able to calibrate with OBDeleven.

Last month I couldn’t, and was a $215 trip to the dealer.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I
You certainly cannot get a legit Vag Com for $50, unless you get it from someone in the classifieds. The one being linked is a bootleg HEX-CAN which doesn't fully support your Mk7.5 anyway, although it will work for most things (speaking of a legit HEX-CAN, can't speak to a replica). I would look for a new or used OBDEleven long before buying a "replica" VagCom (now VCDS) dongle.
The bootlegs have there place. If your just scanning and clearing codes and doing some light coding, 200 bucks for a legit one is a hard pill to swallow. I never liked to obd11 for 80 bucks, and then they nickel and dime your for credits. Resetting the inspection and service lights for example.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The bootlegs have there place. If your just scanning and clearing codes and doing some light coding, 200 bucks for a legit one is a hard pill to swallow. I never liked to obd11 for 80 bucks, and then they nickel and dime your for credits. Resetting the inspection and service lights for example.
I agree that it is capable of scanning, clearing codes and light coding. But then so is an OBDEleven except you can do it from your phone and it's well capable of heavy coding as well. If bootleg x device is $50-ish why not find a used OBD11? You don't have to buy any credits unless you want to use their automated apps. I cleared codes, made long coding changes, and made adaptation changes. Just had to do them manually, as you would with bootleg x device. When I was using mine I never bought a single credit, didn't even consider it. Both on principle and because the apps don't record a change history/show you what changes are being made. Or at least that was the case last I used OBD11.

I do understand that if they showed a history or the exact changes they were making then you would no longer need (to pay credits for) the apps. But then they should have an "undo" feature that records the value of every channel an app will change first, then changes it. It would then, on the same VIN, be able change them all back with one-click as well. The credits could be non-refundable after some time period. But at least you get your car back to where it was, especially if an app didn't actually achieve its goal due to the variation in different modules/years.

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
LOL soooo... my car just healed itself. The error/light vanished. I'm going to scan it to see if codes still there (only have Carista right now) but I have heard of this happening to other people on other forums ...