GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

xola3que

euroturd
Just want to let you guys know that if any of you interested to upgrade your stock brakes into Cayenne Brembo 6 pots front and 4 pots rear calipers w/ performance rotors, hit me up, I can help. I put together the kit myself and had it installed on my MKV and they not all that hard. They aren't cheap by any means but compare to buy this exact kit from vendors, it's a fraction of the cost and may be we even get better quality parts. Compare to the R32 brake system, this is by far superior and surely the most bang for the bucks, on or off track.

Front brake will mount w/o adapters, includes:
1. 6 pots Porsche Cayenne progressive calipers
2. 350mm brembo rotors. Optional light weight, two pieces rotors (17.2 lbs vs 25.7 lbs)
3. Stainless steel braided brake lines
Cost to put together a complete kit yourself. Less than $1000

Dual rear calipers brakes set-up fit w/ adapters. Parking brakes function by an extra pair parking calipers.
1. 4 pots Porsche Cayenne progressive calipers
2. Brembo parking/e-brake calipers.
3. 330mm brembo rotors. Optional 335mm light weight, two pieces rotors (12.5 lbs vs 19.55 lbs)
4. Stainless steel braided brake lines.
5. CAD/CAM designed, corrosive resistance T6160 aluminum brackets, CNC cut w/ high tolerance.
Cost to put this together yourself: $1200 depending on the cost and availability of used brembo parking/e-brake calipers. New brembo e-brake/parking calipers starting at $990/pair. Basic (non-brembo) parking caliper $300/pair

Dual rear calipers set up is commonly found on high end, high performance, track racing and rally cars. It eliminates the use of shoes/drum e-brake which has large unsprung weight due to composite drum on the rotor, therefor save gas/performance. If you're unfamiliar w/ dual calipers rear set up, check out Dodge Vipers, Jaguar S type R. Those system are less common due to the high cost of manufacturing, but it's the best system that money can buy.
Cayenne calipers are progressives, meaning they have two rows of calipers on each side going from smaller pistons to bigger. This will prevent the jerking on/off locking mode of a regular calipers. Cayenne calipers feel like a forgiving everyday street drivebility , but give you all the control on the track when you need it.

This is what it looks like on my car.

Last edited:

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
prices?

Geofux

Ready to race!
It's just the calipers and pads that are from a Cayenne isn't it? The rotors are of course different because of bolt pattern.

xola3que

euroturd
Just the calipers and pads, yeah.
The rotors you have a few choices:
lightweight performance rotors from JHMotorsport
or MB brembo 350mm rotors.

It's just the calipers and pads that are from a Cayenne isn't it? The rotors are of course different because of bolt pattern.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
The MKV R32 brakes WILL fit... Futrell Autowerks did a brake upgrade on the MKVI using all R32 equipment.

Antero128

Ready to race!
Anybody know a good place to pick up R32 brakes? Better yet, anybody know if Hawk has pads out for our car? Do we have the same brake pads and rotor size as the MK5?

xola3que

euroturd
$800 pricey

i wonder if mk5 R32 brakes will work..

You must be new to the brake world.
ECS wanted $2500 for the complete front set. $800 is still the basement bargain price. I was underestimating but $800, most time, will get you just the Cayenne calipers.

siagolf

Ready to race!
Just the calipers and pads, yeah.
The rotors you have a few choices:
lightweight performance rotors from JHMotorsport
or MB brembo 350mm rotors.

Checked out JHM's site but they didn't have anything specific to the MK6 GTI...which of their lightweight rotors will fit the MK6, and how heavy are the stock rotors in the GTI?

siagolf

Ready to race!
nice! damn...was hoping to be able to lighten up the rotors but keep the stock calipers...too bad i guess