GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From Night Blue to Denim Blue

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hey All,

it's been years since I last posted!! I guess Social Media changed the way we live our lives lol (@kindigti on instagram if you're interested to see my builds)

I've done a lot of changes to my MK7 GTI over the years but haven't been updating my build thread over here, but I guess since changing the color was a significant change I thought I'd post it up in here

I have always loved all shades of blue over the past, in fact all my GTIs were blue, starting with a Jazz Blue MK4 GTI back in 2005, Shadow Blue MK5 GTI in 2006, Night Blue MK7 GTI(this one) in 2013 and Indigo Blue MK4 GTI which I bough a year ago

the new paint is a factory Beetle color (Denim Blue: LP5F) and I have to say, it's hard to get the pictures reflect how it looks in real life. It does look narod'ish in some lighting conditions.

Hope you enjoy it

P.S after the website merger my username/signature reverted back to my golfmk5.com ones... I was .:KindiGTI on golfmk7.com

IMG_7507-01.jpg
IMG_7511-01.jpg
IMG_7531-01.jpg
IMG_7507-01.jpg
IMG_7511-01.jpg
IMG_7515-01.jpg
IMG_7521-01.jpg
IMG_7531-01.jpg
IMG_7534-01.jpg
IMG_7568-01.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Those are indeed BLQs...super intricate and I'd hate to clean lol. Love the detail in making the headlights and grill strip matched the wheel color and that color combo.... Outstanding

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm very interested in the (i'm assuming custom fabricated) front rear fensers/bumper work? So subtle but looks amazing.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You talking about the light shrouds?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ i know those are the srs-tec fog shrouds but no, the fenders have audi-esque creases in them, the bumpers a slightly flared, and (these might be removed sensors) have holes near the fender lines.

Go Kart Champion
Thanks all!! The wheels are Hartman HLP-410 painted to match the brushed gold 3M vinyl I have on the badgeless grille/headlights

The fenders are very slightly flared, 3mm clinched flares molded to original body panels and repainted all together. It's a lot of work for something that is barely noticeable. But I do get to driver her lower now thanks to the extra clearance.

Thank you all once again

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
ahhh...had to look all the way up...I see that now.

Go Kart Champion
And the sensors are still there, I have made some openings on the added flares so they can still function properly.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Thanks all!! The wheels are Hartman HLP-410 painted to match the brushed gold 3M vinyl I have on the badgeless grille/headlights

The fenders are very slightly flared, 3mm clinched flares molded to original body panels and repainted all together. It's a lot of work for something that is barely noticeable. But I do get to driver her lower now thanks to the extra clearance.

Thank you all once again
daaamn well done!

Go Kart Champion

Go Kart Champion