GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did this today. That little yellow diaphragm thing was really seated there. Couldn’t get it out without really tearing the thing up and marring the inside of the valve up along with it. Anyone else have this issue?

Also one of those clips was crumbled upon removal and is pretty much vaporized. Are those at all standard or is it VW proprietary?
It was stuck tight in there even after you remove the bleeder clip and pulled it up some? Mine literally fell out when I lifted it

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I guess I didn’t see removal of the top part on the instructions 😂 I think it may not have been super clear on that part but I read a different one that described having to force it out first.

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
After reinstalling the clutch pedal springs to the floor with no effort. I haven’t gotten to the bleeding stage yet but the fluid never got below Min and stayed at a good level. I think air got in the lines. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
After reinstalling the clutch pedal springs to the floor with no effort. I haven’t gotten to the bleeding stage yet but the fluid never got below Min and stayed at a good level. I think air got in the lines. Any thoughts?
that normal.
The valve itself was filled with air when you put it back in line. Just bleed the system and you’ll be good.

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I removed my bleeder valve earlier today. (I removed the spring a few weeks ago.) Simple enough job, thanks to the instructions provided here. After a 15-minute test drive, I believe I notice a difference. I think it is particularly apparent as I release the clutch pedal. For lack of a better phrase, the clutch engagement seems more precise. I'm definitely happy that I did the mod. That being said, if someone else had done this to my car without my knowledge, I wonder if I would notice the difference???

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
That being said, if someone else had done this to my car without my knowledge, I wonder if I would notice the difference???

Only you would be able to answer that, but before buying my car, I drove 3 different mk7s, 2 new and one CPO. The clutch was stock in the CPO Sport, but it felt much more direct and responsive than the new cars. I noticed it immediately, before I was even off the dealership lot.

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Am I the only one in the world having difficulty reinstalling the bleeder block? The left side (closest to the engine) does not want to stay attached to the little nipple that comes out of the transmission. I'm wondering if I bent that little metal clip, but I don't know how I would have? Every time I try to bleed, the block pops right off. Any thoughts other than buying a new block?

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Check the clips. I certainly broke mine. I had to order new ones from ECS, VW doesn’t sell them separately.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Y
Only you would be able to answer that, but before buying my car, I drove 3 different mk7s, 2 new and one CPO. The clutch was stock in the CPO Sport, but it felt much more direct and responsive than the new cars. I noticed it immediately, before I was even off the dealership lot.
You can’t be certain your CPO anything is stock if you can’t see it. My CPO looked fresh as a truck vehicle, even had some white sticker protective stuff on it. I’ve found little random Audi/OEM+ upgrades all over the car after digging into it over a couple years. Upon alerting the dealer they said my flash record doesn’t matter for warranty work.

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Check the clips. I certainly broke mine. I had to order new ones from ECS, VW doesn’t sell them separately.
I just ordered one, thanks @IBFreeman It's not broken, but maybe SLIGHLY loose. One of these day's I'll change my first and middle names to Murphy Law

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
I just ordered one, thanks @IBFreeman It's not broken, but maybe SLIGHLY loose. One of these day's I'll change my first and middle names to Murphy Law
Fixed the clip by removing it and bending it back. Still not a snug fit and leakage. I realize now that o-ring/seal on that side is absent. I ordered 3 of these- hopefully it's the right part. In anyone else runs into this problem let me know and I'll mail you one so you don't have to pay $5 shipping.
https://www.urotuning.com/products/...mAfgV2Tr3i8rUVToH0xhN_U20WyaaQhgaAjv0EALw_wcB

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Always mishaps on any VW. Usually involving plastic and/or clips, factory crossed threads etc..

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Fixed the clip by removing it and bending it back. Still not a snug fit and leakage. I realize now that o-ring/seal on that side is absent. I ordered 3 of these- hopefully it's the right part. In anyone else runs into this problem let me know and I'll mail you one so you don't have to pay $5 shipping.
https://www.urotuning.com/products/...mAfgV2Tr3i8rUVToH0xhN_U20WyaaQhgaAjv0EALw_wcB
Save yourself some time and just go grab an oring kit from Amazon or harborfrieght... it’s got the right size in it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
That Pyonyang Harbor has it all! 🙂 *

*copyright Jim Lloyd

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Finally removed the restrictor, definitely gave the clutch a more direct feel and easier to shift smoothly and quickly.