GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

LeGti

Ready to race!
Hello again, I’m very happily back to the board after life took me for an unexpected spin...

I’ll try to get the photos back up, look forward to catching up on everything I’ve missed.

One thing’s for sure, I love this car more than ever, and this board has been nothing short of an amazing resource.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing ��

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hello again, I’m very happily back to the board after life took me for an unexpected spin...

I’ll try to get the photos back up, look forward to catching up on everything I’ve missed.

One thing’s for sure, I love this car more than ever, and this board has been nothing short of an amazing resource.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing

Welcome back, life happens , I hope that everything is better now [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nappy216

Ready to race!
I know this thread has been out for awhile ....I'm new the VW/GTI world and wanted to thank you for posting this.

I modified the stock unit.
I like how the clutch tracks my foot now.

After reading 26 pages....I thought the clouds would lift...the sun would come out and the world would be a better place...lol. Not the case ...but definitely worth the effort thought.

LeGti

Ready to race!
I know this thread has been out for awhile ....I'm new the VW/GTI world and wanted to thank you for posting this.

I modified the stock unit.
I like how the clutch tracks my foot now.

After reading 26 pages....I thought the clouds would lift...the sun would come out and the world would be a better place...lol. Not the case ...but definitely worth the effort thought.

Hear you on that... Bleeder mod / setting the cable ends correctly / spring delete / bracket bushings / endlink bushings / shifter / dogbone, engine & trans mounts / VCDS tweak / clutch change, they all bring incremental improvements.

It will never feel as good as a Miata or S2000 or T-6...

However, do some of the mods (I’ve yet to change my clutch) and then drive a stock one again: those small changes add up and make a pretty big impact.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Just did this mod and was wondering if anyone elses clutch hose line fitting into the bleeder block was missing the o-ring? It couldnt have fallen out since its a plug O-Ring (and I looked around just in case). I ended up clipping the line on without it and bled/tested the clitch with no leakage.

The groove on the fitting definitely looked like an o-ring feature...

I was thinking about this today. I modified the stock part but was thinking about the ECS part for even less restriction. Noticed the ECS part has two o-rings. I remember the white tube on the transmission side had an o-ring but I don't remember seeing one on the clutch line side.

Anyone know is the clutch line suppose to have an o-ring seal?

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Mine had an o-ring, but did anyone look inside the bleeder block and see if the o-ring is now inside the block rather than on the line?

Here4TheMemes

Finally got around to doing this over X-mas break.

It's wonderful, feels way way better than stock. No reason not to do this :)

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
I've installed the ecs bleeder valve, but unless you get rid of the silly swirl valve you will still have a delay when hard shifting in sport mode. When I shift hard and fast from 1-2 and then 2-3 and floor it it cuts all power for a brief second before engaging again.... Really really annoying.

airjor13

Ready to race!
This is off topic but still relevant, but after the install of engine and transmission mounts the shifter feel is incredible, light positive and accurate all the notchy-ness is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I've installed the ecs bleeder valve, but unless you get rid of the silly swirl valve you will still have a delay when hard shifting in sport mode. When I shift hard and fast from 1-2 and then 2-3 and floor it it cuts all power for a brief second before engaging again.... Really really annoying.

Where is the swirl valve exactly?