GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

seblep

Is this mod reversable? Once i've removed the diaphram can I put it back? On the fence about doing it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Is this mod reversable? Once i've removed the diaphram can I put it back? On the fence about doing it!

Yes it is. Very easy either way.

seblep

I guess I will do it then! What is the recommended brake fluid to bleed afterwards?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I guess I will do it then! What is the recommended brake fluid to bleed afterwards?

DOT 4 according to the owners manual.

perivale

Ready to race!
Hmm, so if I'm planning to keep the car long term the downsides could have a bit of an impact? Sorry to sound like such an amateur, but I'm very new to all this.

J.Nerdy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm, so if I'm planning to keep the car long term the downsides could have a bit of an impact? Sorry to sound like such an amateur, but I'm very new to all this.

I am a noob too...

...but from my reading, like on all modifications... Results will vary.

How you "drive" will have as much an impact, as the modification.

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
I can offer the following information - the bleed bolt is not M7x1.00. I think it's M8x1.00 or M8x1.25; unfortunately I won't be able to say for sure because I'm just going to bleed the old fashion way since the M7 I bought is too small.

Last edited:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Bleeder valve is M8. Don't know the thread pitch but it looks course so I would guess 1.25?

Honestly though, how often are you going to be bleeding the clutch line? It's not too hard to use the broomstick method that LeGti explained

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
Yes

Also, I ordered a speed bleeder that I believe will fit the stock piece for $6. I'll report back with the size once I verify it fits so I don't accidentally lead people wrong.
I was under the impression that the dual mass flywheel was the "shock dampener"---I wonder why VW felt it was necessary to also add a flow restriction to slow down the clutch engagement and disengagement.
Confusing ?????
FWIW-the only time I would experience the odd clutch action was when grabbing a 5th to 3rd downshift to blow around something or someone :)

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
Driving update - the clutch throw is lighter now, result of not pushing fluid through the restrictor.
You can actually shift this car quickly.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie

No. The first 25+ cars I owned did not have any sort of clutch delay. I drove the hell out of them and never had any issue with long term reliability with any of them. The engine/trans mounts take the brunt of abuse. It is much easier and cheaper to replace a mount that a clutch.