GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FREE: MK7 Golf 1.8T suspension: "SOLD"

sofaman

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
Here's the deal: I added the Bilstein B8 cup kit to my Golf, kept the suspension just in case I hated the drop/ride... but I love it. I have no garage or storage and hate trashing perfectly good items. Approx 70K and no mechanical issues. Front and real, struts, shocks and springs. Come and get 'em. NO SHIPPING. Will trash 'em in 2 weeks if nobody wants them.

Peter
Norwalk, CT 06850

Last edited:

sofaman

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
Great. So glad to find a home for these. You know what, I'll DM my personal contact, but since I'm running around all weekend, I can leave on my doorstep (quiet condo, very safe) and you can pick up at your convenience.

samsammia

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7 tsi 1.8t
Really thank you for giving them away they are really gonna help me out. I did not wanna buy new stock ones as they are expensive and i rather have coilovers but my kind work does not allow it specially on nyc roads. I really appreciate its gonna give me the time to find something where i dont have to drive 300 miles a week 😅

sofaman

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
Hi Sam, hope the suspension has proven helpful. Extending / expanding this as I now have also proven I can get through the winter on these 'summer only' tires, and also don't have a home for the stock wheels. If you're interested in repeating the epic journey to CT a set of 4 17" five star alloys with pretty low mileage all season tires are available for no charge.

samsammia

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7 tsi 1.8t
Hi Sam, hope the suspension has proven helpful. Extending / expanding this as I now have also proven I can get through the winter on these 'summer only' tires, and also don't have a home for the stock wheels. If you're interested in repeating the epic journey to CT a set of 4 17" five star alloys with pretty low mileage all season tires are available for no charge.
Hi Yes suspension is running on my car saved me lot money. All the savings are going towards my Masters degree 😇. I would love to take those wheels i know you are offering them for free. can I offer you anything i have a extra jb4 and jb1 board lying around just needs a the harness?

sofaman

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
Well now you've done it. Opened up a whole can of possibilities. A 'tune' was always going to be the next move for this car, but I haven't had a chance to really research it. The piggyback approach does seem like a great solution for me as I was definitely going to look for a pretty mild boost in performance. The Map 1 on JB4 would likely be fine. (Great drivers don't need a lot of power. LOL) Any interest in turning this donation into a customer arrangement where you get me up and running with the jb4 / harness (I'll buy) and I compensate you with tires +$? (also, traveling next 2 weeks so this will have to wait 'til June).

samsammia

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7 tsi 1.8t
😂 yes Jb4 is pretty great brings the car alive. i currently have it running i can tell you its very reliable. I use to run map1 but time to time i would fill up 93 and run map 2or3 for extra fun it hits 13-14 psi boost no problem. I would recommend the Bluetooth module so you can monitor and change maps on the phone (they do charge $30 for the app too). Also look into the afr harness extension (its a custom cable someone makes on the forums in the pic below) if you don't want to tap the afr cable directly.

I did look around if i can find you a harness for it i had no luck, also burger motorsport is charging $350 for the harness alone which is alot seeing that you can easily find whole kits with JB4, bluetooth module and afr harness for $200-300 or less here. I personally got mine for $150 with bluetooth and afr harness extension. All MQB vehicles (Groups 1 and 2, plus others like the A3/S3/GTI/TSI/R basically same engines) JB4 work for our cars just need to change frimware in app or pc they use same engine harness.

You can buy a JB4 easily on the forums (I personally recommend after the price i saw just for additional parts you will need to run the board i have) or if you want mine you can have it for free but the harness n Bluetooth module will run you over $450 which is pretty steep.

I hope this information can help you decide better. Whichever route you go i will get you up and running no $$

Its not a problem i can come pickup the wheels whenever you get jb4 kit 😊 I will be happy to help

Let me know if you any questions

Attachments

• 20201105_190000.jpg
    20201105_190000.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31

sofaman

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
This feedback is so awesome. I started to write "hey sorry didn't mean to assume to drag you into my little tune-fantasy" before you responded, so again much appreciate the feedback. OK, I'm off the day after tomorrow for two weeks vacation. But I will be all over this in June when I get back. The limited research I've done is really positive on the JB4 solution. Yes to BT / phone / AFR...

samsammia

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7 tsi 1.8t
This feedback is so awesome. I started to write "hey sorry didn't mean to assume to drag you into my little tune-fantasy" before you responded, so again much appreciate the feedback. OK, I'm off the day after tomorrow for two weeks vacation. But I will be all over this in June when I get back. The limited research I've done is really positive on the JB4 solution. Yes to BT / phone / AFR...
Enjoy your vacation. Lets get this little project done when you are back:)