GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
willing to wager beverage the Helix will go in the MK8

I missed out on the first fire sale. Hoping there will be a revision, even if it fits in the mk8.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
rebate submitted...total after shipping approx $333

Hint...you'll need VIN and the only way it would accept the retailers name was to pick it after typing most of it and it appears in pop-up box. planned install end of next week waiting on tools.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
came in the box with my model B
original Soundsystem Volkswagen, Stand 06.2015

it really seems to want me to re-pin both sides (on brown speaker plug)and it doesnit make sense.

Vmax911

Passed Driver's Ed
So....

looking at online installs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bKOruoJys&t=77s

they just swap out the brown plug (speaker connectors) in my install manual it tells me to re-pin the wires and swap them around.

MIB2 Rev B Helix 2017 Sport

what did you folks do?

All you have to do is swap the brown connectors, depin the power and ground, repin them to the harness, then put pin the other set from the harness back into the original connector.

I didn't disconnect the battery, but I did pull the fuse.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Thc..for a while it seemed tricky Once I realized not to use the din print. I figure all it is going to take is an afternoon

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
I just ordered mine! Been thinking about this for awhile. Hard to pass up in 40% off plus 15% rebate. Hope they still have a few units in stock *fingers crossed*

***Edit. It shipped and received! Rebate approved too. Emails says it might take up to 90 days to receive =(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
has anyone who submitted rebate recived check yet? I looked online and mine says paid but I didn't get it. I called and was told that is normal (and it takes 8-10 weeks after that date) and it is just poor wording but I figured I'd ask here.

really liking the sub...I renamed my car Thumper because of the heavier bass line I now rock.

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
has anyone who submitted rebate recived check yet? I looked online and mine says paid but I didn't get it. I called and was told that is normal (and it takes 8-10 weeks after that date) and it is just poor wording but I figured I'd ask here.

really liking the sub...I renamed my car Thumper because of the heavier bass line I now rock.

It took about 2-3 months for mine to come after my sub arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk