GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

FRDRICE

Thanks for the info, just order the sub as well as the splash guards.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Pre-programmed for a Golf, GTI or a Golf R. Don't need the dongle. I have one anyway. I will check after install.
It has been said again and again that it is not in fact pre programmed. You will need the dongle for this.

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Pre-programmed for a Golf, GTI or a Golf R. Don't need the dongle. I have one anyway. I will check after install.

It’s not pre programmed lol. I had to use the dongle because it sounded like crap when it wasn’t in sync

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Hey let us know if they actually ship it early this week or if you get a second status update email saying something like this.

After receiving that message for my DG springs, I contacted the customer service number and found out they are actually back ordered and the only way he will be able to get them is to transfer them from another location which is unlikely. He said if he is unable to do so he will refund my order within a few business days.

As I found out from my local parts dealer, the VW web stores do not know the current inventory status so many times you will pay for something that is unavailable or won't ship for a very long time.

Got the canned message about 2-4 business days and possible additional shipping charges yesterday. Shipped today.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Just FYI....there's currently a minimal wait for the (needed) programmer:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45767

I'm glad the word has gotten out to everyone that regardless of what VW has stated in their literature or product pages that programming is needed.

I'm not sure if VW's definition of "pre-programmed" just means that it will make noise or what, but all satisfied Helix owners I've heard from noted massive increases in sound quality across the board after programming with the dongle. This isn't placebo folks!

Install the Helix, get on the list for the dongle and get used to how the helix sounds while you wait. Then program it ASAP and ship the dongle on to the next patient programmer. You will be happy you did.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I see $250 pricing around the corner again.

P.s. Not literally before anyone messages me. Just predicting

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I see $250 pricing around the corner again.

P.s. Not literally before anyone messages me. Just predicting

Not so sure about that. The $250 pricing was triggered by a manufacturing change, and the B revision that followed the original part. That type of closeout could happen again, sure. Otherwise we won't be seeing a new MK8 in the US until 2020/21 model years there are still a ton of cars to sell that will use this current revision.

I wouldn't expect a "sell down" type close out until we've got MK8 cars that aren't compatible with the current Helix.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Very true. Guess with all the talk, it felt like mk8 was just around the corner. That's when the markdown will be

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
What can I expect to pay to have this installed at a car audio shop? I just bought one and don't have the time or inclination to do it myself..

I'm in the Nashville area FWIW..

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Not so sure about that. The $250 pricing was triggered by a manufacturing change, and the B revision that followed the original part. That type of closeout could happen again, sure. Otherwise we won't be seeing a new MK8 in the US until 2020/21 model years there are still a ton of cars to sell that will use this current revision.

I wouldn't expect a "sell down" type close out until we've got MK8 cars that aren't compatible with the current Helix.

I wonder if this sub works with the dumbed down audio in the new Golfs/GTIs with only 6 speakers.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
What can I expect to pay to have this installed at a car audio shop? I just bought one and don't have the time or inclination to do it myself..

I'm in the Nashville area FWIW..
idk but 3-4 hrs labor would be my guess. I assume if they've done them before it could be 1 1/2-3 hrs.

put a shout out to someone on the forum local...mayhap you can get the buddy rate.