GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found solution to ACC Not Available / Radar calibration needed (with VCDS)

jorohu

Hi all,

I wanted to share my recent discovery on fixing the ACC Not Available message.

The ACC stopped working on my Golf MK7 2014. On VCDS, Module 13 AUTO DIST REG, it always showed error that there was a misalignment on the angle in the radar and that I needed to perform a calibration (which needed to be done in the dealearship).

I asked my dealership and the cost for that was 180€.

I have been looking in several forums and didn't find a possible solution with VCDS.

When looking to some coding and adaptation possible with VCDS under module 13 AUTO DIST REG, I found that horizontal and vertical angle deviation was minimum (0,08º and 0,501º), but couldn't fix that error.

Well, if you go Security Access 16 and type the code 14117 it will allow to perform the "Reset in misalignment angle" (this option is in one of additional menus in Module 13).

It deleted the error and started working again, with no problem and in all conditions (tried in road, city, traffic jam...).

Hope that helps.

id0mrg

Car(s)
2016 Golf 1.4TSI
Hi all,

The ACC stopped working on my Golf MK7 2014. On VCDS, Module 13 AUTO DIST REG, it always showed error that there was a misalignment on the angle in the radar and that I needed to perform a calibration (which needed to be done in the dealearship).

I have been looking in several forums and didn't find a possible solution with VCDS.

When looking to some coding and adaptation possible with VCDS under module 13 AUTO DIST REG, I found that horizontal and vertical angle deviation was minimum (0,08º and 0,501º), but couldn't fix that error.

Well, if you go Security Access 16 and type the code 14117 it will allow to perform the "Reset in misalignment angle" (this option is in one of additional menus in Module 13).

It deleted the error and started working again, with no problem and in all conditions (tried in road, city, traffic jam...).

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for this. All I need to do now is find somebody with VCDS in my area (Godalming, Surrey)!

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Hope that helps.
What is the VAG number? 14117 doesn’t work on mine.
51CAD6F0-2CA7-4C0E-BCBA-15123D4798CE.jpeg