GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found an online BlackBook Lite - Free

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Morning friends!

I was playing around yesterday with purchasing Blackbook for the month and came across a bank out of MN that has it to use for free. I'm in the process of purchasing a used Golf R and the dealership I am purchasing from is giving me a real shit number for trade-in value. I have the car up for private sale but if they hit a certain number, its the same to me because of the tax differences out here in Colorado(8%). The site allows choosing between New, Used, and Recreational vehicles.

Hopefully, this will help those of you trading in, purchasing, what dealers will offer and resell a car at. Happy negotiations!

https://www.thinkbank.com/black-book/index.php

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
You're not gonna get anywhere close to those black book numbers most likely. Whenever I've used that they are giving a trade in price way above what cars are even selling for in the area

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
It’s still up to a dealer to give you what they give you but this will at least give you an idea and hopefully better negotiating besides just KBB, Nada, Edmunds.

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Just for laughs, I checked my car's value. Factoring in the mileage and the fact that it's "extra clean," their retail value is more than what I paid for it 2 years ago. The trade-in seems slightly optimistic as well. In the end, it all comes down to your particular circumstances; to make my deal happen, they coughed up an extra $1000 on the trade-in for my old Civic Si, as it was closing in on the end of the month in October, when sales are slowing to a crawl.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Just for laughs, I checked my car's value. Factoring in the mileage and the fact that it's "extra clean," their retail value is more than what I paid for it 2 years ago. The trade-in seems slightly optimistic as well. In the end, it all comes down to your particular circumstances; to make my deal happen, they coughed up an extra $1000 on the trade-in for my old Civic Si, as it was closing in on the end of the month in October, when sales are slowing to a crawl.

As I said, just another tool for sure! Im glad they did an extra $1,000 toward your purchase.

Its funny because a lot(not all im sure) dealerships use Blackbook but they use it as more of a guideline and not the ultimate. Its still up to them for whatever they want to give you on a trade-in.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
As I said, just another tool for sure! Im glad they did an extra $1,000 toward your purchase.

Its funny because a lot(not all im sure) dealerships use Blackbook but they use it as more of a guideline and not the ultimate. Its still up to them for whatever they want to give you on a trade-in.
The dealers use Blackbook (and others) as a guideline, and the prices in all the guidebooks are based on average transaction prices, most of which are from dealers.