GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found a unicorn, is it worth it (Gti s w/ PP And DCC)

shaner6868

Ready to race!
Hey guys so I found a dealer that has a 4 door manual s line Gti with performance package, lighting package, and DCC but is holding firm on the sticker price of 298xx. I gues in curious if it's worth it. I was primarily set on finding a 4 door with PP but that has been difficult in and of itself, and didn't know what people were paying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I got my 4dr 6MT SE line with LP for 28,000 and that was with a negative equity trade built in. You can talk them down.

They wanted to hold firm at 30K for me, and I walked out. They called the next day and invited me back and we got it down to a better price.

EricM

Passed Driver's Ed
I was told that you can't get DCC with a GTI S, that you needed to get an SE. Is this incorrect? Hmm...

Eric

Silus

Ready to race!
My philosophy on this is, if you're responsibly paying around 30k, a few thousand here or there does not compare to getting exactly what you are looking for. Why? Because it's hard to "overpay" for something you really really want.

I know a lot of people love to walk away from the dealership with the feeling that you "won" in the negotiations, but honestly you have to recognize a good deal independent from whether or not you can move the dealership from the initial price.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My philosophy on this is, if you're responsibly paying around 30k, a few thousand here or there does not compare to getting exactly what you are looking for. Why? Because it's hard to "overpay" for something you really really want.

I know a lot of people love to walk away from the dealership with the feeling that you "won" in the negotiations, but honestly you have to recognize a good deal independent from whether or not you can move the dealership from the initial price.

^^^
This. You buy a particular car based on you want or need. Keep in mind the performance options will probably always be in demand.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hey guys so I found a dealer that has a 4 door manual s line Gti with performance package, lighting package, and DCC but is holding firm on the sticker price of 298xx. I gues in curious if it's worth it. I was primarily set on finding a 4 door with PP but that has been difficult in and of itself, and didn't know what people were paying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask your dealer if they are a Friends & Family partner.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I was told that you can't get DCC with a GTI S, that you needed to get an SE. Is this incorrect? Hmm...

Eric

DCC to my knowledge is available on any GTI with the Performance Pack. Anyone know different?

Shifty6

Ready to race!
DCC does not come with the PP. It is definitely an option I am fairly certain you have to get an SE trim as well. I have seen at least one other S with DCC. Not sure it makes it more valuable, but does make it unique. I would say if you want the option and S trim this is an opportunity. Don't think it is worth a premium.

EricM

Passed Driver's Ed
I checked the VW release on DCC and it says it's only available on the SE and Autobahn. I would double check this if they're telling you the S comes with DCC.

Eric

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
DCC does not come with the PP. It is definitely an option I am fairly certain you have to get an SE trim as well. I have seen at least one other S with DCC. Not sure it makes it more valuable, but does make it unique. I would say if you want the option and S trim this is an opportunity. Don't think it is worth a premium.

You misunderstand. I was saying you can only get DCC if you have the performance pack on a GTI. I thought that if you get PP, then you can get DCC no matter what the trim level. Looks as though I could be wrong?

MeatCat

Ready to race!
Seems like a good deal if DCC is a must.
I personally don't care about DCC. I REALLY wanted a PP car but ended getting a good deal on an SE LP DSG 4 door. Came in a touch under $28k...
But to this day I still wonder, "what if I waited for a base S DSG 4 door with PP."
So get what you want. Don't worry about a few bucks month.

cranker1987

Ready to race!
Might depend if you are in an urban area with multiple dealerships. I have one dealer close and the next closest ones are several hours away in different states. With multiple dealers in an area, like Chicago it is likely that another S model with that setup would show up relatively soon. I wonder if they are offering DCC on the S model since they might imagine that some buyers might want the "classic" plaid seats with PP & DCC. Hell, since they are offering the PP on the S model, they might as well install DCC on it every once in awhile. Of course, I am talking about VW, where logic doesn't seem to prevail.

F12

Ready to race!
Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like if I had shelled out another $30+ a month for DCC on my autobahn, but I think that only comes with PP in Canada. Personally that's the only feature that appeals to me in regards to performance.

If this car fits all of your wants and needs, why not go for it?