GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fort Collins GTI needs MIB2 help...

guybenjamin

Hello. I'm working on trying to get the software side of my MIB2 upgrade wrapped up. The VAS5054A I have seems be a piece of garbage and reliably drops its' connection. Does anyone in CO have one I could rent?

Regards,
Ben Vaughan

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hi Ben. I don’t know of any of the local guys has one. But if someone would. It would be @Javwohl

I’ll text em and tell em about this thread. He’s probably busy as shit at the moment. Give em a few plz

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Hey sorry don't have what you are looking for when I swapped to the 8in screen it was direct plug in play for me. Didn't have to do anything on the software side of things. Good luck finding what you need.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Thanks, y'all. Gotta say the 8" screen is the killer feature for sure. Once I have Carplay running, I expect it'll be amaz-balls.
Going from the 6.2 to the 8 was a huge upgrade made a big difference for sure the only thing kinda sucks is the black bezel with all the other cf

guybenjamin

Going from the 6.2 to the 8 was a huge upgrade made a big difference for sure the only thing kinda sucks is the black bezel with all the other cf
Yep, agreed. Have to say though, other than being a bit more of a dust magnet, I don't mind it that much.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Yep, agreed. Have to say though, other than being a bit more of a dust magnet, I don't mind it that much.
Yep most the time i dont really notice it once i get the digital gauges probably just wrap everything so it all matches

guybenjamin

Yep most the time i dont really notice it once i get the digital gauges probably just wrap everything so it all matches
That's a hefty upgrade. I read somewhere just the bezels alone were in the 300.00 neighborhood. I covet the digital dash, but I don't think I'm quite ready to take that one on. This stupid radio is enough for me right now. ;)

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
That's a hefty upgrade. I read somewhere just the bezels alone were in the 300.00 neighborhood. I covet the digital dash, but I don't think I'm quite ready to take that one on. This stupid radio is enough for me right now. ;)
Lol yeah it can be a bit daunting. I think for the complete kit you can get it for around 1200 or so with bezel. So not to bad.