GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Comes to L.A. With Flat-Plane V-8

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I see your point but I also see theirs. They are not wrong for ragging on the stang for being 3800 lbs. Yes it is a great car but it is also a pig. Personally I think other than the size/weight of the car and how poorly it is packaged it is a great car.

Every car has its drawbacks weight/packaging is the mustangs.

The BRZs drawback is the lack of an engine. If the BRZ even had the ford TurBRO 2.3 it would be game over... against almost any other car under 100k
It is hard to argue the fact that the BRZ has the same interior space as a mustang that;
weighs 1000lbs more
is 22 inches! longer
6 inches wider
3 inches taller

A lot of the length is eaten up in engine room. Can you stuff a V8 in a FRS? Does the FRS have a trunk? Oh right, only 6.9 cu ft. Mustang has 13.5 in theirs.

Would I love a lighter Mustang? Sure, with that engine it would be even more ridiculous of a performance bargain and put even more higher end cars to shame. Am I fine with how much it weighs? Yep. People, esepecially forum bro's on a GOLF FORUM will never like the Mustang. Plain and simple.

I really want to like the FRS/BRZ. But they are ugly and underpowered. Sure, they handle. But a Mustang can outhandle it. I'll give it to you that the FRS/BRZ likely FEELS like it handles better. But I would much rather have power, a V8 and actual real handling over feel.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Ppl on a VW forum are hipsterdudes in tight pants that like plaid and stickers in the rear window.

Ppl on a ford forum are old white men trying to feel young again and asian tourists in hawaii trying to figure out how to lower the top of their rental convertible :laugh:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Ppl on a VW forum are hipsterdudes in tight pants that like plaid and stickers in the rear window.

Ppl on a ford forum are old white men trying to feel young again and asian tourists in hawaii trying to figure out how to lower the top of their rental convertible :laugh:

Why do you think I am still on a VW forum?? :D

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

TOTAL :word: I used to live in Hawaii. So true!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Mustang is 7 inches wider and over 5 inches longer..... so there is your extra weight.

Yes, but all wild having less interior space, less cargo room, a back seat that grown men can't fit in, two less doors... it should either have some room
or be smaller/lighter.

I love Mustangs but the size to interior ratio is really damn weak, definitely the low point of the car.

Are you going to jump all over Chevy for continuing to use a pushrod engine when "better" technology exists?

Old tech or not, there is no denying that even with a live axle that car was a serious handler. There are times when new does not necessarily mean better. It was just fine with a live axle.

I've honestly never driven an '11+ GT but by almost every personal and professional review, they "handle well" on the track in terms of lap times but feel boaty, wallowy and basically like poop stock.

I don't know about you, but most of my driving is off track and honestly "feel" is just as important as ultimate grip.

I would not be caught dead in that underpowered tin can. That car is so much of a joke, Toyota could not even make it on their own... :laugh:

:lol:

Have you even driven one?

I see your point but I also see theirs. They are not wrong for ragging on the stang for being 3800 lbs. Yes it is a great car but it is also a pig. Personally I think other than the size/weight of the car and how poorly it is packaged it is a great car.

Every car has its drawbacks weight/packaging is the mustangs.

The BRZs drawback is the lack of an engine. If the BRZ even had the ford TurBRO 2.3 it would be game over... against almost any other car under 100k
It is hard to argue the fact that the BRZ has the same interior space as a mustang that;
weighs 1000lbs more
is 22 inches! longer
6 inches wider
3 inches taller

:word: 100% :word:

A lot of the length is eaten up in engine room. Can you stuff a V8 in a FRS? Does the FRS have a trunk? Oh right, only 6.9 cu ft. Mustang has 13.5 in theirs.

Would I love a lighter Mustang? Sure, with that engine it would be even more ridiculous of a performance bargain and put even more higher end cars to shame. Am I fine with how much it weighs? Yep. People, esepecially forum bro's on a GOLF FORUM will never like the Mustang. Plain and simple.

I really want to like the FRS/BRZ. But they are ugly and underpowered. Sure, they handle. But a Mustang can outhandle it. I'll give it to you that the FRS/BRZ likely FEELS like it handles better. But I would much rather have power, a V8 and actual real handling over feel.

The FURBURZS is one of the best looking cars out today under $40k

:lol:

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I thought I read a quote from Top Gear UK that stated the Ecoboost Mustang was better than the GT86: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-ford-mustang-first-drive-car-review-top-gear-2014-09-17

Not really a handling comparison. He was also trying to compare it to my personal FR-S. It's already been shown what an otherwise stock FR-S does on a decent set of street tires (1.00 g skid, 70+ mph slalom). No 2015 Mustang has been tested anywhere near those kinds of numbers, so he's already lost the argument without going into other track mods I've done.

I would not be caught dead in that underpowered tin can. That car is so much of a joke, Toyota could not even make it on their own... :laugh:

Great logic there. Lots of talk, but you've never even been in an FR-S at the track. One of the guys I track with has a Boss 302. If you ever actually ride in both cars at the track, it's easy to tell which is the more boat-like of the two. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

balls, I was one signature away from buying a black GT track pack 3 years ago before I somehow decided to get practical and not drive a 400+ hp rwd coupe as my only car year round in MI/PA.

It's a great car that's a couple steps away from being totally awesome, that's why I have high hopes for it - not because I hate it.

It's a hundred times easier and cheaper to add power to a brz than reduce the size/weight/CoG on a Mustang brah. It sounds to me like YOU are the hater. BRZ lacks power, that's it. Everything else is on par with or better than all competitors.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
My only complaint about the BR-Z was that I needed a car with an automatic and I liked the manual variant of it better. I found that the most fun could be extracted out of the manual. While it may be underpowered, it was fun as all get out to push that car to its limits! It brought back memories of a friend's Porsche 944 turbo from our college days. While not the fastest thing on the road, that 944 was FUN to drive.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The automatic BRZ goes 0-60 in something like 9 seconds which is prius levels of speed.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

i bet you find that on corvette forums too, usually republicans

Why do you think I am still on a VW forum?? :D

this for the lulz, the mk7 is a matured forum, due to plenty of people from england.

The automatic BRZ goes 0-60 in something like 9 seconds which is prius levels of speed.

thats slower than my 2004 luxury honda tsx :laugh: and well your car

I think it's like 7.5, but still pretty pathetic. It's definitely a manual only car unless you're a chick that likes the style.

yeah manual is definitely 7.5, almost as fast as a jetta or a regular 2.5 golf. but still a fun than them never the less due to better dynamics.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Just looked it up...

Manual - 6.5 seconds or so (varies by test)
Automatic - 7.7 seconds or so (varies by test)

Certainly not too fast, but 6.5 is passable. Almost 8, pretty pathetic for a sports car in 2014.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Just looked it up...

Manual - 6.5 seconds or so (varies by test)
Automatic - 7.7 seconds or so (varies by test)

Certainly not too fast, but 6.5 is passable. Almost 8, pretty pathetic for a sports car in 2014.

Needs DSG.