GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford RS - can not give them away?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Ran by the Ford dealer in Alabama Sunday AM to see if any Rangers on lot. No!

Noticed an RS sitting on lot with large note in windshield. Up to 10,000 off on a $40,000 inflated price. $30,000 would not be bad if the engine issue fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Noticed an RS sitting on lot with large note in windshield. Up to 10,000 off on a $40,000 inflated price. $30,000 would not be bad if the engine issue fixed.

$10,000 off what? Note the "extra" sticker where the dealer adds almost $3,000 of markup. Plus, this car is a 2017, not a 2018.

And then they wonder why car dealers have a bad reputation.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
$10,000 off what? Note the "extra" sticker where the dealer adds almost $3,000 of markup. Plus, this car is a 2017, not a 2018.

And then they wonder why car dealers have a bad reputation.

Original sticker think was $37,000.
Mark up just over $40,000.
I will guess the “up to $10,000” is from the extra sticker price.
If this is the same car, I have seen it in lot for over a year. Last time I looked, it had mold growing in it.

Chuhsi

I almost bought a new RS. New 2018 are down to $38k plus TTL, even in CA. Some dealers won’t sell their 2017’s for less than that. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Isn’t the price of the RS going to go back up once they stop producing them in April? I also thought they fixed the engine issues with a recall

Swoope

Ready to race!
motor issues were fixed with a head gasket recall.

i wish they were nice inside.

beers

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Isn’t the price of the RS going to go back up once they stop producing them in April? I also thought they fixed the engine issues with a recall

It might go up in the future but the target customers for that particular vehicle is very small (especially with the harsh ride as quoted by many). Another disadvantage is the fact that you might never know how the vehicle was treated in the past.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
One of my friends wound up getting the R over the RS on account of the latter's spine crunching ride. Still, that's a lot of performance for ~30 grand.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Damn that would be hard to pass up for 30k for someone in the market. Definitely a cool car, but I’m more than happy with my decision

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, I was in the market to get a RS a few years ago but that recall and Ford dropping the line up including other sedans and hatches just turned me away.

I've had very bad experience with Ford dealers in the past so I could sort of imagine the BS I would have to deal with when parts aren't available due to discontinued vehicle, etc. Even at $30K, I would not want that car.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
On paper, the RS checked off all the boxes for me and it was at the top of my list, until I sat in one. I couldn't get at all comfortable in the seats. The angle of the bottom cushion seemed extreme, like my butt was too low compared to my thighs.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Had a 17 RS and 18 Golf R locally. Went in to negotiate on the RS a couple of times, wound up stopping in to look at the R and walked out for less money spent... Definitely a better dealership experience, too.