GOLFMKV

SOLD

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
SOLD

Hi all,

Up for sale is a JB4 with data cable that I took off my GTI. This was originally a JB1 that was upgraded to a JB4. I bought this back in 2018 from the legendary @Diggs24 himself and ran it for about 15k miles before going with an EQT stage 2 flash. Worked great and provided a noticeable increase in power.

Also included are a micro USB OTG adapter and USB extension which I used to connect to the JB4 via my Android tablet. This allows you to log, change maps, update firmware, etc. with the JB4 mobile app.

Price is $250 shipped to the lower 48, or best offer. PayPal or Venmo are preferred, buyer pays fees based on payment type.

Thanks for looking!

dood_JB4_all.jpg

dood_JB4_box.jpg
dood_JB4_data_cable.jpg

Last edited:

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
bump

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
bumpski

wickedfastgti

Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
how complicated was it to map the tune? I have a basic understanding but I don't want to screw things up considering I'd be putting this on my daily driver.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
how complicated was it to map the tune? I have a basic understanding but I don't want to screw things up considering I'd be putting this on my daily driver.
One of the nice things about the JB4 is you can make it as simple or complicated as you want. If you want "plug-and-play" just set Map 1 or Map 2 which add boost on top of the stock tune based on RPM. I would recommend running it on one of these maps to start and then after living with it and logging a bit you can play around with a custom map if you want (Map 6).

I almost exclusively ran it on Map 1 which provides a noticeable bump in power and response (spools turbo faster/earlier in RPM range). I'm assuming since you're in NY you have access to 93 octane fuel, in which case you can probably run Map 2 safely (dependent on fuel quality and ambient temperature) if you want a bump in power over Map 1.

If you haven't already I would recommend checking out these threads. Start with the first page with all of the info from George at BMS. From there it's a bit of a rabbit hole because the threads are huge, but there's lots of good info.
JB4 Info Thread
JB4 Logging & Mapping Thread

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Weekend bump